Question about presentation of Lennart Green's 1–2 Separation

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
pnerd
Favorite Magician: Juan Tamariz, Penn & Teller

Question about presentation of Lennart Green's 1–2 Separation

Postby pnerd » October 12th, 2021, 11:38 am

Those who use/know the 1–2 Separation will know that you need to go through the deck about 3 times to separate reds from blacks from a truly shuffled deck. Do you have any presentation ideas that justify going through the deck multiple times? What patter do you use?

Dave Le Fevre
Favorite Magician: Paul Megram

Re: Question about presentation of Lennart Green's 1–2 Separation

Postby Dave Le Fevre » October 12th, 2021, 12:10 pm

A friend of mine performed an oil & water routine a few years ago, using some cards from a borrowed (random ordered) deck. Afterwards, he showed that the entire deck was now red-black separated.

He explained that he'd used Lennart Green's Angle Separation while extracting the cards from the deck. That only involved one pass through the deck, and it flew past everybody.

While it doesn't answer your question about the 1-2 Separation, it might be what you're looking for.

pnerd

Postby pnerd » October 12th, 2021, 12:58 pm

Dave Le Fevre wrote:A friend of mine performed an oil & water routine a few years ago, using some cards from a borrowed (random ordered) deck. Afterwards, he showed that the entire deck was now red-black separated.

He explained that he'd used Lennart Green's Angle Separation while extracting the cards from the deck. That only involved one pass through the deck, and it flew past everybody.

While it doesn't answer your question about the 1-2 Separation, it might be what you're looking for.

Yes, Green's Angle Separation or Harry Lorayne's "The Great Divide" can separate the colours in one pass through the deck. I just wanted to use the 1-2 separation and so was wondering if there was a way I could justify going through the deck multiple times.

Bibliophage

Postby Bibliophage » October 13th, 2021, 2:36 am

Michael Webber taught several techniques for reducing Lennart’s technique to two or fewer pass throughs, plus two very strong uses of one pass through at the last Way of the Wizard online gathering.

pnerd

Postby pnerd » October 13th, 2021, 12:51 pm

Bibliophage wrote:Michael Webber taught several techniques for reducing Lennart’s technique to two or fewer pass throughs, plus two very strong uses of one pass through at the last Way of the Wizard online gathering.

Thanks. Any idea where I can get that from?

Return to “Close-Up Magic”