21 card trick 'Fooler'!

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Will Power
Favorite Magician: Mark Lewis

21 card trick 'Fooler'!

Postby Will Power » February 21st, 2021, 10:59 am

Hi all,
With folks such as Jon Racherbaumer, Bill Malone, and Mike Powers having extensively covered this age old routine in recent times, you'd think there would be very little to add, with every which way of performing, routining, & scripting, and method of doing it having been thought of. Well, not so!
A young (at least young compared to my advanced years) card guy by the name of Joseph B. has devised a completely new method of said effect titled ''21 Card Fooler'' that can be done with a borrowed deck. When I first saw it I was completely fooled. All of the handling is done by the spectator, until the reveal at the end. The spectator shuffles the deck, deals the 21 cards out themselves, and the cards are kept face down at all times. The selection, and subsequent burying of the card within the 21 cards is done in the fairest of ways, and all this while the magician's back is turned. I urge you to check it out guys. It's a marvelous version of the trick, and will more than likely have you scratching your heads for quite some time! So just do a search for ''21 card fooler'' by Joseph B. and please get back to this topic/post with your thoughts.

Will.

Bob Farmer

Re: 21 card trick 'Fooler'!

Postby Bob Farmer » February 21st, 2021, 2:28 pm

Interesting but not for $9.95. This is, at best, something that should be in a magazine.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 21st, 2021, 2:47 pm

Will, how do we know you're not Joseph B?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Will Power

Postby Will Power » February 21st, 2021, 3:08 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Will, how do we know you're not Joseph B?

Hi Richard!
Lol! That simply hadn't crossed my mind!

I've even got Joseph marked down as my favourite magician in my profile ... so I can see why you're asking!

Well maybe I could PM you my home UK/Wales landline number and you can call me. Once you hear my Welsh accent, I should imagine that would out your mind at rest.

I love Josephs stuff because about 70% of it is magician fooling and very direct. He's a great thinker, and I love magician fooling effects.

Let me know if you'd like me to send you my telephone number.

Will.
Last edited by Will Power on February 21st, 2021, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will Power

Postby Will Power » February 21st, 2021, 3:10 pm

Bob Farmer wrote:Interesting but not for $9.95. This is, at best, something that should be in a magazine.

Hi Bob,

Check out some of his 'Magician Foolers' ... They are really good effects. ''Against all Odds'' is a cracker. It's an ''Impossible Location'' effect.

Will.

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » February 22nd, 2021, 12:00 pm

I've looked at a couple, just seem like variations.

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » February 22nd, 2021, 1:59 pm

I don't see what is original in this version and the technique used remember me one explains by Daniel Rhod in his book Plus Secrets Secrets published in 1994... but I could be wrong!

Return to “Close-Up Magic”