ReinCARDnation

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

ReinCARDnation

Postby Guest » December 2nd, 2005, 6:11 am

Ive been asking around everywhere, but no one seems to know anything about this:

ReinCARDnation by Kris Nevling
(look under the hocus pocus website)

What interests me is the 6 alternate endings.

Kris posted on the magic cafe that some of them were:

1)after the restoration the card is folded and placed on the table. The spec names ANY card, and when the folded card is unfolded (great sentence structure there...) it is the named card.

2) the card is placed in the specs hand and then dissapears.

3) after the card is restorn the sid is visablly pealed off (think williamson I assume) and then you write your onw name on and hand out the card.

4)The card is restorn and then handed out to the audiance.

and more.

So my question is this: what has anyone heard?

If it is what it says, and its good, then the named card variant is good enough to make me buy. Throw in a vanish from a specs hands and some coll restoration ideas...

The thing is, I dont think its as clean as it is described.

Let me know either way

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Re: ReinCARDnation

Postby Joe Pecore » December 2nd, 2005, 7:26 am

It looks like a great variation of Paul Harris' Ultimate Rip-Off (so it would have the same limitations that it has). They probably should really state that in the ad, so you know what you are getting.

I think it may be a little deceptive in the ad to say that "You start and end clean". It's implying that you can hand the card out as soon as it's fully restored. I don't think you can.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » December 2nd, 2005, 11:26 am

My advice would be to watch the long demo on the HP site. Evaluate the performer's handling and performance skills. Then ask yourself, do you think this person, as evidenced by the representation they have chosen of themselves through the demo video, has the experience and thoughtfulness to produce the effective endings as described. And if those endings really are that strong, why not choose one of them over the one shown on the tape.

Vraagaard

Postby Vraagaard » December 6th, 2005, 4:50 am

There is a pretty lengthy discussion of this effect including the 6 different endings at themagiccafe.com

Be aware, that this effect can be performed impromptu, totally naked and without any pockets. It only uses that one card - nothing else. Thats what makes it really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Having said that. I've been looking into literally 25 different T&R card effects including all the calssics. My personal choice among many excellent effects goes to Yves Doumerques "Ripped and Restored". Very practical, extremely magical and visual in the sense that the spectator sees their signature torn - and the card is restored piece by piece - I love that effect.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”