Magic in Arizona

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Kent Gunn

Magic in Arizona

Postby Kent Gunn » April 1st, 2019, 8:22 am

Leaving for Phoenix/Mesa/Scottsdale AZ.

I'll be sitting Shiva for my wife's father. Dr. Reuss and I got along like bandits. He liked watching magic tricks and was fond of the old sailor who married his spinster daughter. He lived a long, joyous life.

Ok, I won't really be doing the shiva thing. I'm the only goyim in the family and would just mess it up. So, I have some time for magical endeavours. I know Williams magic folded long ago.

Any of you criminals live in Phoenix? I'll buy a cup of coffee for some sessioning.

I have family in Tucson and will be there as well.

Bill Mullins

Re: Magic in Arizona

Postby Bill Mullins » April 1st, 2019, 11:10 am

Sorry about your family's loss. Having an in-law that you get along with is a blessing.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » April 1st, 2019, 1:14 pm

Bryce Kulman is in Phoenix. I think Kenton might be as well. There is a magic club if I recall, but don’t know anything about it.

Years ago there was a guy who worked as a ‘card dealer’ at Rawhide, a tourist trappy ghost town experience. went with a group in high school.

Anyway, he wasn’t bad as my teen aged mind recalled. He would do moves at the table so that everyone playing won and for a certificate for ‘breaking the bank’. He talked shop a bit and he had me perform for the management team. offered me a job to work the dice table for the summer.

I lived in KY then so that wasn’t happening. But it was a great memory. Have no idea who he was.

Kent Gunn

Postby Kent Gunn » April 2nd, 2019, 12:01 am

Thanks Brad!

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » April 2nd, 2019, 5:29 pm

John A. ("Andy") Greget is in Arizona. Scottsdale, I think. I don't have an address handy and he doesn't have a website or do email, but I'll PM you his phone numbers. Earl Nelson is in Arizona, but in the north part of the state, I think.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”