Here's one of the strongest effects from GAME CHANGER!

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Chris Aguilar

Re: Here's one of the strongest effects from GAME CHANGER!

Postby Chris Aguilar » December 9th, 2018, 3:25 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:I place no stock in anonymous reviews.
Is there a writer mentioned?

I checked the site and noted that it most (all?) of the product seems to be comped by Murphy's,

Most of the reviews (ads?) are pretty generic "Rah Rah, this is great" (with a vast majority of the reviews rated 8,9 or 10 (on a scale of 1-10)) with a tiny bit of critical commentary and reviews seemingly thrown in for the sake of verisimilitude.

I couldn't find a real name to associate with the reviews.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » December 9th, 2018, 11:38 am

Since a comment was requested by the OP, here is my two cents:

1. The card handling is excellent.

2. The plot (layman gets pummeled by card expert) is not strong and is likely to leave spectator feeling like a fool. I do not believe in the magician trying to look good at the spectator's expense or comments such as "you don't have any confidence in yourself" (paraphrasing what I heard). In fact, my preference is to make the spectator the star.

3. Laymen are not familiar with Faro shuffles. So even though the shuffles look cool, the spectators are likely to believe (and correctly so) that there is manipulation. Also the cards are not cut after the shuffles (compare, for example, Bill Malone's handling of Sam the Bellhop, where not only does he riffle shuffle and cut, but allows the spectator to do so). I have found that even though a layman may not know what you did, if they know you "did something," then conviction is weakened or destroyed. As Erdnase said: "They should not even suspect, let alone detect."

Jason Ladanye
Favorite Magician: Erdnase

Postby Jason Ladanye » December 20th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Here's another review of Game Changer! Enjoy:)))

https://youtu.be/KKfCy2zaT3c

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » December 20th, 2018, 9:31 pm

Jason Ladanye wrote:Here's another review of Game Changer! Enjoy:)))

https://youtu.be/KKfCy2zaT3c

YouTube reviews can be great, but it's often the comments section below the review that holds the real nuggets of wisdom.

Some of the comments don't paint the book, or its author in the best of light I'm afraid.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”