Youtube Boobs

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Bob Farmer

Youtube Boobs

Postby Bob Farmer » May 3rd, 2018, 12:08 pm

I just watched a Youtube video by some moron named Aaron XXXXXXXX. I'm not using his full name because I don't want to encourage any more views. The video, is, like a lot of Youtube videos, an explanation of how a currently marketed trick works. There is nothing that gives this person the right to do this. He didn't have enough brains or creativity to invent the trick; he doesn't have an ounce of ethics. He can point a camera and push record. He's stealing someone else's intellectual property and taking money out of that person's pocket.

People like this should be shunned and cut out of the herd.

Aaron, I hope you read this. I know your name and if the opportunity arises for me to make sure you are ostracized from the magic community, I will do so. Find another hobby, something more in line with your talents, like say, sitting in a dark room and trying to count to ten without prompting.

Brad Henderson

Re: Youtube Boobs

Postby Brad Henderson » May 3rd, 2018, 12:32 pm

FIRST!

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Postby Christopher1979 » May 3rd, 2018, 2:02 pm

Well said, i have to think that this is the very tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately Youtube has 1000's of videos of self proclaimed "Magicians" or "Sleight of hand experts ". None of which has an ounce of talent and end up just exposing a trick for no reason. It's either that of long list's of comments telling everyone how the trick is done just so they look knowledgeable. Ooh how i wish some things were very different...... anyone remember the 90's?.... :)
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » May 3rd, 2018, 2:29 pm

which 90’s?

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 3rd, 2018, 2:48 pm

There's probably room for play in the "unboxing" video genre.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » May 3rd, 2018, 3:21 pm

Brad Henderson wrote:which 90’s?

Indeed.

The recent thread about Charles Morritt had me following up on the "Oh!" illusion, which was developed in 1891 by Morritt and Nevin Maskelyne. Five years after da Kolta's Vanishing Lady was first performed (1886) it was relatively common knowledge amongst the public through exposure.

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Postby Christopher1979 » May 3rd, 2018, 3:40 pm

That is a great point. It never even occurred to me that it could only mean the 1990's.
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 3rd, 2018, 5:53 pm

There is a difference between these exposures for the public and exposures of marketed tricks. No member of the public is going to fork out, say, $50, for a deck of cards, but magicians will. One of the major incentives for magicians to do this is to find out the secret; they may not ever perform the trick. So when some censored like Aaron makes that unnecessary, that's just wrong.

EndersGame
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder

Postby EndersGame » May 6th, 2018, 3:03 am

As Christopher1979 points out, there's a LOT of youtube videos like this out there.

Are we talking here about some teenager filming some cheap-and-nasty footage from his mom's basement? Many youngsters today have a low sense of self-worth, and try to compensate for it by posting videos of "[insert effect name] revealed" or showing how tricks are done, because they are looking for acceptance and popularity in the form of likes and views. You'll find a lot of 12-16 year olds doing that kind of thing on youtube, and I don't think that will go away in a hurry.

But if you're talking about someone who has a respected following or serious channel, that's a different story.
Click here to see all my reviews: Magic Reviews Playing Card Reviews Board Game Reviews

performer

Postby performer » May 6th, 2018, 6:02 am

EndersGame wrote:As Christopher1979 points out, there's a LOT of youtube videos like this out there.
. You'll find a lot of 12-16 year olds doing that kind of thing on youtube, and I don't think that will go away in a hurry.

I beg to differ. There IS a way of stopping this. I will report back.

performer

Postby performer » May 11th, 2018, 8:47 am

I have taken the first step. We will see what happens. I give it a fifty/fifty chance.

Jordanjgunn
Favorite Magician: Ricky jay

Postby Jordanjgunn » June 27th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Lol what’s “the first step”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

performer

Postby performer » June 27th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Jordanjgunn wrote:Lol what’s “the first step”?

It seems you have missed a recent thread. It is still ongoing I believe. Seek and ye shall find. I can't be bothered posting a link to it.

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » June 27th, 2018, 4:09 pm

“I can’t be bothered posting a link” haha cool story bro...

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » June 27th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Oh man you’re off your rocker if you think your plan has a 50/50 chance . Get ahold of yourself buddy

performer

Postby performer » June 27th, 2018, 10:01 pm

Jordan my boy. You are NOT my "buddy". Please do not use silly American terms of familiarity with me. Furthermore you are NOT my brother and if you were I would disown you. Therefore please do not address me as "bro" which is another silly Americanism I cannot possibly approve of.
I expect you to speak to me only when you are spoken to otherwise I will be obliged to reprimand you severely. Furthermore I do not approve of your ridiculous juvenile internet abbreviation "LOL". Please speak proper English in my presence.

I am getting a psychic vibe that you are probably one of those horrible teenagers who posts exposure videos on You Tube yourself.

I addressed your enquiry politely and you have responded with great impertinence. Please try and improve yourself in the future and have respect for your elders and betters. Until then I rather think your presence would be improved by your absence.

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » June 27th, 2018, 10:44 pm

“There has been no reply. However, I expected that...” haha, me too ya old nutter!

performer

Postby performer » June 28th, 2018, 6:07 am

I also expected that, you horrible child. Now please stand up properly and stop chewing that disgusting chewing gum and please stop wearing your baseball cap backwards as it is most peculliar.

I did not expect a reply so I have moved to phase two of my plan. We will see what happens with that.

In future I expect you to make your mind up whether you are British or American as you have used colloqualisms from both parts of the world. Furthermore I do not appreciate being called an "old nutter" by a silly young hooligan who has just come off breast feeding. You sound like a very incompetent young man. I saw you begging for assistance in learning how to do the pass which you seem to be struggling with. I learned the move in ten minutes and can do it perfectly and thus am in a position to help you with it. However, because of your rudeness and impertinence am reluctant to do so until you improve your attitude.

Now go and stand in the corner until you learn how to express yourself in a manner more appropriate for civilised society. I am afraid at the moment you would not be welcome in the best country homes.

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » June 28th, 2018, 1:26 pm

Hahahaha, good luck with phase two

performer

Postby performer » June 28th, 2018, 3:24 pm

Jordanjgunn wrote:Hahahaha, good luck with phase two

Phase two is running along splendidly, thank you. Certainly better than your progress with the pass anyway.

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » June 29th, 2018, 7:32 am

Another Farmer Fraud! Not what the title promised at all!

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » June 29th, 2018, 5:57 pm

Jack Shalom wrote:Another Farmer Fraud! Not what the title promised at all!

That's funny, Jack! Good to see you're keeping abreast of things.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”