Mindless Research for Impromptu Smoke

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
fredreisz
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon

Mindless Research for Impromptu Smoke

Postby fredreisz » April 24th, 2018, 9:18 pm

MINDLESS RESEARCH for “IMPROMPTU” SMOKE:
I had 20 minutes to kill today and was at a local gas station/convenience store. I am in South Carolina so it was a Parkers. I own a Vapr Watch. I am always looking for impromptu situations in which to use it as a “quick hit and leave.” Thus, I looked for and listed food items in the store which would be appropriate with a smoke theme.
Here is that list which you can easily match in a store near you: Hot Tamales Cinnamon; Hot Fries Corn Snack; Duco Hot and Spicy Jerky; Zapps Potato Chips Vodoo; Utz Red Hot Chips; IPA Voodoo, and Boiled Peanuts among others.
Presentation: My preferred presentation follows:
I put the item on the counter near the cashier so she/he can ring it up. My hope is that they will return it to the approximately same spot. I make sure that both my hands are occupied with holding or counting money etc. so that they will put the item back on the counter and not hand it to me. [This strategy works most but not all the time.] They hand me the change and a receipt. I take it with my right hand and put it in my pocket where I have the remote. I have adjusted my body positon so to reach the edge of the item which I am buying near the cashier (the far edge from me) my left hand must reach out its whole length. That is the wrist on which I wear the Vapr Watch. I grasp the item I am buying and move it at a moderate pace sliding it across the counter toward me. At the same time my right hand presses the remote from inside or outside my right pants’ pocket. Now the item is being drawn toward me though the smoke. I might make a comment such as “These are really hot!” or not. I just turn and leave in most cases. Leave them gasping. What!
I am interested in how others have used smoke magically in everyday situations. Thanks for your creativity and willingness to share. Peace.. Fred (Reisz).
"The art of magic is the magic of art."

Return to “Close-Up Magic”