Card Magic Without Indices

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Mahdi Gilbert

Card Magic Without Indices

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » April 7th, 2018, 8:06 pm

I am working on discovering lost and creating new magic using playing cards without indices with my new playing cards seen here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mahdigilbert/hidden-leaves-playing-cards-by-mahdi-the-magician

Would love to pursue any leads available.

Jonathan Townsend

Re: Card Magic Without Indices

Postby Jonathan Townsend » April 7th, 2018, 10:19 pm

Lubor Fiedler had a winner of a trick with his Royal Fantasy.
The chapter on mechanical cards in Roterberg's New Era Card Tricks is also a good reference.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Mr. Charming

Postby Mr. Charming » April 8th, 2018, 12:43 am

Hi Mahdi,

I will write you through FB.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » April 11th, 2018, 7:47 pm

There's a bit where you have a card with one spot on one side and four on the other - which then shows as three on one side and six on the other. If you're okay openly turning two cards back to back to start the trick... open season. :D
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

EndersGame
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder

Postby EndersGame » April 13th, 2018, 4:13 am

That's an exacting requirement that will eliminate a lot of traditional card tricks, or at least make them less clear and obvious to follow.

But as you point out in the Kickstarter, it can also create stronger magic with the right tricks, where spectators can concentrate more on the plot with less distracting information.

Your Hidden Leaves deck does look truly beautiful, Mahdi, and congratulations on the outstanding response so far. Over 700% funded, and still three weeks to go! I love the minimalist approach you've employed with the design, and the striking effect that is created by going with an exclusively red and black colour palate for the card faces.

Wishing you every success in finding some great routines that fit the criteria you are looking for, and with making this project become a reality!
Click here to see all my reviews: Magic Reviews Playing Card Reviews Board Game Reviews

Return to “Close-Up Magic”