Tamariz' Total Coincidence & unwanted match flaw

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
TheWorkingMagus

Tamariz' Total Coincidence & unwanted match flaw

Postby TheWorkingMagus » January 26th, 2018, 11:24 am

Hey there.
I've recently started toying with Total Coincidence. I think it's a hell of a card trick.
My first experiments quickly led to a weird issue that is not explained in Sonata and it's the fact that during the first match phase, you might have an UNWANTED match before you reveal the first coincidence!
Has anybody experienced this?
Basically: spectators shuffle both packs. You separate the blacks from the reds in each deck. You put the reds away and keep the blacks. Spectator cuts a deck to select a card. You "mark it's position" in the deck and start dealing both decks one card at the time showing there are no coincidences untill the chosen card arrives. Well, IDEALLY.
Sometimes you will get a perfect match before the "official" one!
This depends on the cut the spectator makes to choose his/her card. If they cut an ODD number of cards, there will be no match before the first coincidence. If they cut an EVEN number, you're done.
I've seen Tamariz perform this trick many times in video and i never saw this issue in his performances. Maybe the unwanted match happened but he ignored it or downplayed it.

Anybody?

Thank you guys.

marselmarsel
Favorite Magician: hofzinser

Re: Tamariz' Total Coincidence & unwanted match flaw

Postby marselmarsel » February 2nd, 2018, 2:45 pm

Hello, Juan, when there is ever a card before the chosen one, they say simply, that they can coincide, and it makes them see the spectators but that it is a rare situation, or unusual, it does not matter and keeps passing cards, the secret it is not to give importance to the cards that can coincide and if to give importance to the cards that must coincide

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » February 2nd, 2018, 5:36 pm

So pleased that's been cleared up!

TheWorkingMagus

Postby TheWorkingMagus » February 3rd, 2018, 8:00 am

marselmarsel wrote:... the secret it is not to give importance to the cards that can coincide and if to give importance to the cards that must coincide...

Yeah, i just saw that in a youtube clip. He just acts like nothing happened.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”