Sinking Cards

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Levent Suberk

Sinking Cards

Postby Levent Suberk » March 7th, 2015, 5:38 am

A novelty trick invented by me: http://youtu.be/RyC8Y8JopFE

Levent Suberk
Attachments
sinking_cards.jpg
sinking_cards.jpg (164.04 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
Last edited by Levent Suberk on March 18th, 2015, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Re: Sinking Cards

Postby Joe Mckay » March 7th, 2015, 5:52 pm

I really enjoyed the videos that Levent has on his Youtube channel.

He has an offbeat approach to creating effects. Reminiscent of what you see with somebody like Lubor Fiedler.

Of his other videos - this one was my favourite. It would be interesting if this effect can be done entirely in the spectator's hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qm5wIl_lSI

Keep up the good work, Levent! You definitely have a talent for discovering creative magic.

Levent Suberk

Postby Levent Suberk » March 8th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Thank you for your positive comment.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » March 8th, 2015, 6:43 pm

I'm unclear as to the effect. If it's meant to be a penetration we need to see the other side of the glass surfaces and/or the cards need to be removed so we can see neither has been damaged.

if the effect is that you have a way to stick cards upright to a plate (which is what I SEE in the video) then it seems more like a puzzle along the lines of Columbus's egg than a magic illusion.

Levent Suberk

Postby Levent Suberk » March 8th, 2015, 7:06 pm

Brad thank you for comment. Cards can be removed with a little damage. I am not a professional showman but only an inventor. Routines and a story with the show exceeds me. Thanks again.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » March 8th, 2015, 7:30 pm

I appreciate that. It is a clever idea but if one wishes to perform this as magic I think some elements related to presentation and framing need to be worked out.

perhaps the effect is a variation on karate coin - your ability to stick a card INTO another object, by force.

perhaps you could perform this along with karate coin and the old trick of breaking a pencil with a dollar bill. You could demonstrate your amazing martial arts like skills.

P.T.Widdle

Postby P.T.Widdle » March 8th, 2015, 7:34 pm

This reminded me of the Lubor Fiedler Tenyo trick where he sticks a card into his face.

Levent Suberk

Postby Levent Suberk » March 8th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Brad thank you for good ideas.

Levent Suberk

Postby Levent Suberk » March 8th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Thank you for comment Widdle.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”