Vernon Ending to Dr Sack's Dice Trick

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Vernon Ending to Dr Sack's Dice Trick

Postby Guest » June 16th, 2003, 2:53 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but would someone please describe the effect of Vernon's ending to this routine. I've had a lot of fun with the routine that is on the James Lewis tape, but I've heard that the Vernon ending is very nice. Thanks. :)

Gary

Re: Vernon Ending to Dr Sack's Dice Trick

Postby Gary » June 16th, 2003, 3:00 pm

Two in the hand, one in the pocket....Look in the Vernon Book of Magic.

Postby Guest » June 16th, 2003, 3:19 pm

Thanks. I guess it's time to reacquaint myself with that book.

Grant McSorley

Postby Grant McSorley » June 16th, 2003, 3:46 pm

If you are looking to perfom Dr Sack's dice routine on a regular basis I would really suggest looking at Bob Sheets' routine "It's the Rules". He has come up with a great ending that doesn't require bring around the 3 or 4 extra dice that Vernon's ending requires and you don't need a table. However, Vernon's Climax is a great routine.
By the way, I just saw Bob lecture a couple weeks ago and if you get a chance to see him, don't miss it.

Have fun,
Grant

Postby Guest » June 20th, 2003, 10:45 am

Two in hand, one in pocket, really doesn't describe the Vernon climax totally. There is that facet of the ending, but the part that kills is the production of different size dice. When the spectator guesses how many after the first couple phases, he is surprised to be wrong again, by seeing the Magi display two regular dice and a half size die. Next the spec is asked if the dice in the hand are big or little, and the final display is a big die, a regular die, and a half size die, aesthetically pleasing and magically stunning! It is well worth the little bit of room the dice take up in your pockets.

Best, PSC

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » June 20th, 2003, 11:38 am

It's a great routine with a lot of fun moments that I've been doing for years. Don't pass it up...

Return to “Close-Up Magic”