Green backed Bicycle deck

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Rick Schulz

Green backed Bicycle deck

Postby Rick Schulz » July 23rd, 2003, 11:09 am

Does anyone have a source for a green backed Bicycle deck? :help:

Thanks in advance! :D

Re: Green backed Bicycle deck

Postby Guest » July 23rd, 2003, 11:20 am

Hi Rick,

Most military bases have them in their Exchange stores or at the Annex on base. Ask someone you know who is in the military to check it out for you.

www.jeffEzellMAGIC.com

Postby Guest » August 6th, 2003, 10:18 pm

Rick,
I see green bicycle backed cards in several stores around Christmas time, e.g. Savon, etc.. Keep your eyes open this holiday season. I'm sure you will find some.

Postby Guest » August 6th, 2003, 10:39 pm

:) I'm sorry. I just started loughing to myself... but reading last post the first thought I had was that I should keep my eyes open for black ones around halloween.
Seriously now, should I?
I'd like to get some green ones myself, and I know about military bases, and that's no help.

Rick Schulz

Postby Rick Schulz » August 7th, 2003, 7:44 am

From time to time, they show up on E-Bay. Also, I sent to US Playing Card Co. inquiring about them - someone stated they produce green Bicycles at Christmas time - but I have yet to hear back from them. And I have seen black Bikes on E-Bay now and again.

Jamie Badman

Postby Jamie Badman » August 7th, 2003, 11:51 am

Be aware, though, that if you intend to use the military decks in tricks that involve the cards being used as stranger cards in standard bike decks, the ink colouration on the fronts of the cards is radically different; it just doesn't work I'm afraid.

If anyone has a new, NORMAL, green backed bicycle deck, I'll happily trade for a new deck of military black backed cards.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Postby Guest » August 9th, 2003, 7:22 am

The green-backed Bicycle decks are part of two-deck tins. The decks, red and green, match each other in back design, but they are not purely standard Bike backs. The riders are present, of course, but much of the other back "swirls" are replaced with tiny snowflakes for the holiday season. Then, too, the red deck is not standard Bike red, being darker and richer than normal (say, brick red instead of just red).

Still, the shock appearance of a green-backed card in, say, a red Bike deck, more than covers the slight difference in back design. When I created a trick using a single green card in a red deck, I found that the trick plays spendidly, due to a rational plot structure for the appearance of the the green card.

Jon

Scott Fridinger

Postby Scott Fridinger » August 12th, 2003, 5:58 pm

With the green backed military decks the red is a darker shade, for use with night vision, and the black ink is the same, (on the faces) so if you only need to use clobs or spades you would be find

Scott
USAF

Bill Hallahan

Postby Bill Hallahan » October 30th, 2004, 9:42 pm

You can get them here:

Green Backed Bicycle Cards

Postby Guest » December 27th, 2004, 5:51 pm

Ai ai ai, Not sure but there might be a 'Magic4u2c' near u?
They can sell them cheap but very rare and might not be in stock for a while but usually the Red n blue are always present

If you do get them then if u r going 2 mark them then dont get black dragons, they are not fool-proof at all!
Marking Bicycle's. >>> Here
Ness*

Scott Fridinger

Postby Scott Fridinger » December 30th, 2004, 6:56 pm

If you are interested in the Military Bikes, yes they have a darker red ink on the face but the black ink is the same you can order them from here: http://www.williamsmagic.com Do a seach for bicycle under the "Go Shopping Now" link and you will see them listed as "Tactical Field" cards. If you have any questions give them a call, Emory Sr. and Jr. are very nice excellent business men.

These military cards come with "Dark Green" and "Black" backs in a dark green and black card box, unlike the bright green colored cards in the previous post. There is no way to tell which color you will get from the outside of the box, but if you want a specific color I know they would be willing to open a deck for you so you get the correct color.

Tabman

Postby Tabman » December 30th, 2004, 7:15 pm

I just got a green backed deck in a swap the other day but I haven't opened it to look. Thought I'd save it off for a special occasion. The reds in a deck of Bee cards are darker red too. I wonder if they are on Bee stock???

-=tabman

Return to “Close-Up Magic”