Triple Intuition

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
erdnasephile

Triple Intuition

Postby erdnasephile » December 16th, 2013, 10:18 am

I came across this effect in the Dani DaOrtiz Utopia set, and found it brilliant.

However, the explanation, while serviceable is a bit sparse in some places and comparing the explanation to the performance reveals that the explanation leaves out a few nuances.

Does anyone know if this routine has seen print in a more detailed description?

(I've seen that this routine is available on it's own as a $35 stand alone--is the description in that standalone video any more detailed than the description on the Utopia video set?)

mrgoat

Re: Triple Intuition

Postby mrgoat » December 16th, 2013, 10:26 am

It's a great trick and I also got stuck with the explanation. If you let me know where you're stuck, I might be able to help...damian AT damianjennings DOT com.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » December 16th, 2013, 10:49 am

Thanks, Damian...sent you an email.

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » December 16th, 2013, 10:51 am

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » December 16th, 2013, 10:55 am

Frank Yuen wrote:It's available as an ebook at:

http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/ ... q8hW86A0ic

In spanish...

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » December 16th, 2013, 10:57 am

Ooops, my bad. I thought it was available in both languages like his other ebooks.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » December 16th, 2013, 11:28 am

It is available in English as a stand-alone trick (booklet and cards) as well as "C-10", Dani's take on Moe's Move-a-Card as an instant deck memorization (spec shuffles, deck is spread for 20 seconds and closed up, a number is named, you name the card at the number), and "Semi Automatic", some brilliant effects. The last two are accompanied by streaming videos on the GrupoKaps website. Also available as a trick is "His Majesty's Spell", English language booklet and special deck of cards. The English translations in all 4 of these is less than adequate. The magic is superb.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » December 16th, 2013, 11:56 am

Re: Matt's comment.

I do wish that Dani had had an English facilitator (ala Krenz for Tamariz on his DVD's) to help convey some key information on the DVDs.

As it stands, the only way to pick up some of the important nuances is by watching Dani's actual taped performances. Unfortunately, this increases the chances of unintentional Dani-clones, which is not desirable. Plus, the brilliant thinking behind some of those subtleties is not elucidated.

Sure, many of the nuances can be learned on your own via performance, but it would be nice to flatten the learning curve with detailed English descriptions.

(Luckily, I know someone who takes Spanish in school who might need another summer project! :D )

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » December 16th, 2013, 1:35 pm

Okay, see I knew I'd seen it in English!

http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/ ... q9Hps6A0ic

Return to “Close-Up Magic”