Red/Black Cull

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Red/Black Cull

Postby Guest » February 2nd, 2003, 10:19 pm

Could someone suggest an effective red/black cull?

I am familiar with the green angle separation and the 1-2 separation, but I amlooking for more methods...

Mark Tams

Re: Red/Black Cull

Postby Mark Tams » February 3rd, 2003, 5:22 am

I do not perform the method, but have seen an individual utilize the angle separation by Lenert. Done correctly it simply looks like you are quickly counting the cards. I've yet to see anything prior or after that beats this.

My assumption is that you are wanting to separate the colors for a necessary effect in front of the individuals. My approach would be to have a prearranged deck reversed faro'd a couple of times. Perform an effect that doesn't ruin the stack, then after the effect execute two faro shuffles. Unbeknownst to anyone, you have now positioned it for a red/black effect.

By the way, if you've never seen John Mendoza's red/black separation, it is quick, really quick, spectator oriented and a killer ending. I believe it is in "The Book of John".

Of course, that's another subject . . . Out of This World.

Enjoy :)

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » February 3rd, 2003, 8:15 am

If you want to do it for Out of This World, why bother, when Grant's "Impromptu" version requries NO STACK, no setup... no nuttin... just SELL. :cool:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2003, 12:31 pm

I'm not familiar with the Lennar Green Angle Separation that was mentioned, but I've seen Harry Lorayne perform his "Great Divide" separation to good effect.

Harley

Frank Starsinic

Postby Frank Starsinic » February 3rd, 2003, 1:22 pm

I love that 1-2 separation.!!!
What a treat! Face up and everything!!!

benrl

Postby benrl » February 3rd, 2003, 2:09 pm

Can someone steer me to a source for the 1-2 Separation?
Thanks

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2003, 4:55 pm

It's on Green Magic videotape, I want to say volume 2.

I have heard of a guy named Kostya Kimlat who has something called a roadrunner cull, which he can do unbelievably fast. Not that speed is the most important thing, but the action in the angle separation is a tad weird compared to just spreading the cards.

i'll look into the grant version, and i've also heard of one called nu-kraze.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”