Feet of Magic

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Jonathan Pendragon

Feet of Magic

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » February 10th, 2012, 3:34 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_V4m90Q ... re=related

I don't know who posted this on YouTube; I vaguely remember performing my signature (no pun intended) card trick for NHK television. That's Nani Darnell to my right, and Max to my left... like you couldn't figure that out! In those days, apparently, I even took my jacket off for close up... at least I was wearing a shirt!

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Re: Feet of Magic

Postby Joe Pecore » February 10th, 2012, 7:45 am

Do you remember that effect being published in the December, 1987 issue of Genii (Rudy Coby issue) as "The Greatest Feet in Magic"? :)
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Jonathan Pendragon

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » February 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm

@Joe
Yes, Rudy saw my first performance of it and asked me if I would mind writing it up for his Genii issue. I think the story is in the article, it went something like this...

We were in New York for a magic "Symposium" and after a show about 12 magicians ended up at a bar near Jeff McBride's old apartment on "A" avenue. There was a big table we were all seated at and Jeff invited the patrons to watch an impromptu magic show; everyone at the table was to do one card trick. We went in order and to my horror I realized I would perform last. There were several famous close-up artist at the table and I thought, "what the hell am I going to do when it is my turn?" It was a hot day and I had remove my shoe so I could scratch the bottom of my foot; and then it came to me. In the space of about five performers, I devised the method, presentation and patter. When it became my turn I launched into as if i had been doing it for years which drew an odd expression on Jeff's and Rudy's face; "WTF is he doing?" When I finished Rudy fell out of his chair (for effect) and Jeff looked at me and asked in astonishment, "When did you come up with that?" I replied, "About ten minutes ago."

Barefoot Boy
Favorite Magician: Kreskin

Postby Barefoot Boy » February 10th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Did you not perform it on the Tonight Show one time?
Outward sunshine; Inward joy,
Blessings on thee, Barefoot Boy.
www.mindreader.ca

Jonathan Pendragon

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » February 11th, 2012, 5:56 am

@Paul
I love Toronto, great city.
That wasn't me. I believe it was Dean Dill (someone please correct me if I am wrong). I didn't perform on the show until Jay Leno was host; Charlotte and I presented Metamorphosis and then a year later, Clearly Impossible. I was told about the performance, which was legit because the piece was published, but I have never seen the clip.

Barefoot Boy
Favorite Magician: Kreskin

Postby Barefoot Boy » February 11th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Toronto is a beautiful city! I have done some hunting and I believe the magician who did your "Feet of Magic" was a fellow called, Randall Richman.

Can't find a video clip however.
Outward sunshine; Inward joy,

Blessings on thee, Barefoot Boy.

www.mindreader.ca

Return to “Close-Up Magic”