Mahdi Gilbert

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Kent Gunn

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Kent Gunn » March 24th, 2010, 12:14 am

During Magic*Con I got to hang out with and watch Mahdi perform for laymen and all the luminaries in magic that were in San Diego. He was easily the coolest new card guy I've met in a very long time. He's been at it a while. His approach to card magic is very different. Do yourself a huge favor and check out some of my pal's card magic. You will be very, very glad you did.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mahdigilbert

KG

David D. C.

Re: Mahdi Gilbert

Postby David D. C. » March 24th, 2010, 3:13 pm

(I met you as well that weekend, you have good taste.)

I agree with Kent entirely and in the overdose of magic that was MagicCon, it was truly a highlight to watch and talk with him (not just stare with mouth agape.)

David

John M. Dale

Postby John M. Dale » March 24th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Truly inspiring. I'll NEVER complain about a sleight being too hard again. Practice, practice, practice.

JMD

AMCabral

Postby AMCabral » March 24th, 2010, 9:45 pm

John M. Dale wrote:Truly inspiring. I'll NEVER complain about a sleight being too hard again. Practice, practice, practice.

JMD

No kidding. He palms, believe it or not.

One of the highlights of Magic-Con was whatever night I stumbled across Mahdi demoing a bunch of his moves for folks in the hallway. He'd just given the deck a weave shuffle and a waterfall cascade when Jay Jayraman suggested that with a little change in pressure, he could do the Hollingworth false shuffle. Mahdi went "Huh" and proceeded to do just that. Nailed it. Had never done it before.

Now, the day he learns Derek DelGaudio's Sky Shuffle, I'm jumping off a cliff.

-T

Return to “Close-Up Magic”