Thompson’s Aces

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Cardologist

Thompson’s Aces

Postby Cardologist » November 1st, 2009, 4:29 pm

Thompsons Aces

Does anyone know where this efect appears on dvd or tape?

Bill Wells

Re: Thompson’s Aces

Postby Bill Wells » November 1st, 2009, 6:17 pm

I assume you are referred to the late Frank Thompson's four ace assembly which appeared in Frank Garcia's "Super Subtle Card Miracles" under the name "O'Henry (Slow Motion) Four Aces" without any credit to Frank Thompson and without his permission. It first appeared in the Yogi-MagiGram - a small club newsletter for Baltimore's Yogi Magic Club which meet at Phil Thomas' Yogi Magic Mart - where Frank had it published to establish that it was his before it appeared elsewhere. Both publications are out of print. To my knowledge the routine has not appeared on any tpaes or DVDs.

I hope this information is useful to you.
Bill Wells

Cardologist

Postby Cardologist » November 1st, 2009, 7:51 pm

someone tole me it appears on a danny tong dvd

AMCabral

Postby AMCabral » November 1st, 2009, 9:10 pm

There's an item in Card College 5 with that title that's a production of four aces. I think it also might've shown up in one of Jim Swain's books. It originally appeared as part of Frank Thompson's "Cold Deck" manuscript that was published by Ray Goulet's Magic Arts Studio. That manuscript is still readily found as far as I know.

Could you narrow down whether you're looking for the ace production or the ace assembly?

-T

Cardologist

Postby Cardologist » November 2nd, 2009, 4:03 am

The production.

Yves Tourigny

Postby Yves Tourigny » November 2nd, 2009, 4:09 pm

This is as of now one of my favorite aces production. I used the one described in Card College vol 5. To this I've add a minor thing. I show the top and bottom cards to be indifferent before going into the production. to wit: The four aces are on top plus one indifferent card on top of them. I show the bottom card first then I show the top indifferent card pushing two more cards in the process, I then dribble pass the top three card (2 aces + I ind.) to the bottom putting me in the set up for the production. It is always well received by the laity, the production that is. :D

Yves

AMCabral

Postby AMCabral » November 3rd, 2009, 12:13 am

That's a nice touch.

-T

Return to “Close-Up Magic”