Snap change query

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Tom Denton

Snap change query

Postby Tom Denton » September 23rd, 2009, 10:22 am

Hi, I've got a question about the Marlo-style snap change. I've got a trick where I use the move to split a four into the four aces. I can't imagine that I'm the first person to think of changing a single card into multiple cards, so I was wondering if anyone knows who should be credited with this technique.

John Wilson

Re: Snap change query

Postby John Wilson » September 27th, 2009, 5:12 pm

At least the only work on using the snap change with multiple cards is from the Buck twins. I can't remember the name of the original effect (which involved spliting a three into an ace and a deuce and was featured in Genii), but an updated version is "Twin Split" (where a four is split into two twos, then the two is split into two aces). Again there might be older work along these lines, but these are the only ones that I know of.
Last edited by John Wilson on September 27th, 2009, 5:13 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: idiot

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » September 27th, 2009, 5:56 pm

The Twins' Split was the first version in Genii, which was a two into two aces. Having said that, it's probably been renamed in the interim.

Ian

Tom Denton

Postby Tom Denton » September 27th, 2009, 8:43 pm

Thanks for the info Ian and John. So far, that's the only previous source that anyone seems to remember, but I'm pretty confident I've seen the move somewhere before that...and that's a two-handed thing. Never mind...hopefully I'll be remembered for it anyway. ;-)

Sean Piper

Postby Sean Piper » October 5th, 2009, 1:41 am

Australian card guy Dean Atkinson was working on a handling for this some three or four years back. Not sure if it was original with him, or if inspiration came from elsewhere?

Return to “Close-Up Magic”