Tenyo Magic World

Post topics about the clever and unique creations the from Japanese magic company.

Moderator: Richard Kaufman

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Tenyo Magic World

Postby I.M. Magician » July 18th, 2015, 11:36 am

I am wondering if anyone bought Tenyo's Magic World magic set. If so, did you open it and use it? Did you buy it for someone else? Did they use it? What do you or whoever used it think about it?

It contains three discontinued Tenyo releases: Krazy Keys, Coin Through Match, and Moonspinner.

If you have the set or are familiar with it, please post your feedback here. On a previous thread about magic sets, I mentioned this one as an excellent choice.

Perhaps I should add that if you are not familiar with it and have questions, please post them here.

By the way, it comes with a DVD and thick instruction book in Japanese. Anyone want to translate the entire book? Tenyo fans (especially hardcore ones) would certainly appreciate that! :D

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Tenyo Magic World

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 18th, 2015, 12:27 pm

I own the set. It's one of the best magic sets ever made.

It does not contain the complete version of Krazy Keys: only the two basic keys.

Translating the instruction book without written permission from Tenyo would be a violation of copyright law.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » July 18th, 2015, 12:42 pm

I didn't know that translation is a copyright violation. In that case, never mind. :cry:

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » July 18th, 2015, 1:05 pm

I.M. Magician wrote:I didn't know that translation is a copyright violation.

A translation is a "derivative work". The copyright holder gets to control those too.

ecw

Postby ecw » July 20th, 2015, 11:06 pm

I have this set as well. It's a really nice mix of Tenyo created tricks and old classic tricks done in clever new ways. The quality of the tricks are also very good.
I did not find the DVD very useful.From what I remember it just showwd performances of some of the tricks. It would be nice to have an English manual but I found most of the tricks easy enough to figure out from the illustrations while watching some youtube performances helped with the rest.

It looks like they are putting a number of these tricks into smaller "My first Magic" sets later this year.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 21st, 2015, 11:59 am

Yes, the DVD which comes with the set is performance only.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Tenyo”