See-Through Card Mystery

Post topics about the clever and unique creations the from Japanese magic company.

Moderator: Richard Kaufman

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

See-Through Card Mystery

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 15th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Has anyone noticed that there are not only two different boxes for Sugawara's "See-Through Card" but also two variants of the prop?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Tom Leyland
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield

Re: See-Through Card Mystery

Postby Tom Leyland » March 15th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Has anyone noticed that there are not only two different boxes for Sugawara's "See-Through Card" but also two variants of the prop?

I have mutliples, what are they?

ecw

Postby ecw » March 16th, 2013, 11:12 pm

I have both of them.
One has a red "Tenyo" logo printed towards the bottom of the clear cards and the other one doesn't.
I prefer the one that that doesn't have the logos. The logos never really looked liked they belonged there to me. I guess that's why they took it off in the later editions.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 17th, 2013, 12:15 am

You are correct, ecw. Now what are the variants in the boxes?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

ecw

Postby ecw » March 17th, 2013, 1:29 am

Well the newer one has sort of a pink front with green trim. The older one with the logo on the cards has a white front with red trim and has a burst with the word NEW on the front. There are a couple of other minor differences but the pictures are basically the same.

The instructions are the also slightly different as the old version shows the Tenyo text on the pictures of the cards and warns you to hide the printed letters when inserting the card into the case. The newer version removes the Tenyo text from the pictures and any references to the printed letters.

Return to “Tenyo”