Get Real - How to add realism and believability to your escapes

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Roslyn

Get Real - How to add realism and believability to your escapes

Postby Roslyn » January 23rd, 2012, 4:25 am

Hello to one and all,

I've been told to make a post on this forum about my new ebooklet / manuscript called Get Real as some of you may find it useful.

The manuscript teaches those who perform an escape, or would like to perform an escape in their show how to make that escape look and feel genuine to the audience.

I don't teach any escape methods, although I do use my own straitjacket escape as a working example.

Despite being my first outing as an author the escape community have been giving it rave reviews calling it: "foundational reading for anyone in the escape field", "a brilliant exploration of how the audience percieves the escape artist, and how we can manipulate that psychology to our advantage" and "a masterpiece and one of the greatest acting tools for the escape artist that I have read".

You can read more and place your order by visiting my personal website: http://www.roslynwalker.com/forsale

Despite being written with the escape artist in mind the theory taught with the 34 pages of this manuscript can also be used by others within the magical arts who need to Get Real.

Many thanks,

Ros

jillburns

Re: Get Real - How to add realism and believability to your escapes

Postby jillburns » May 17th, 2012, 8:59 am

Nice article and helpful for the stage performers. But for the new performers or beginners it will be going to be difficult...

Return to “Light From the Lamp”