A Picturesque Correction

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

A Picturesque Correction

Postby Dustin Stinett » April 22nd, 2022, 12:14 pm

In Brad Henderson’s review of "Picturesque" by John Guastaferro and David Regal (in the May 2022 issue) he states that the bonus changes—some of which are original—are not explained in the video instructions. They are indeed explained, starting at 56:05 on the video.

As editor, I should have caught that error since I watched the video and played around with the terrific props included with this excellent product. My sincere apologies to both David and John.

For what it's worth, I think "Picturesque" is a wonderful collection of props, routines, and concepts that take a true classic of magic, MacDonald's Aces, in directions the average performer wouldn't think of. David and John are among the few thinkers in this crazy business who are willing to share their thoughts and material with the rest of us mere mortals. We are lucky to have them on our side.

Picturesque is available from David Regal and John Guastafferro at https://davidregal.com and, believe me, is $40 well-spent.

Brad Henderson

Re: A Picturesque Correction

Postby Brad Henderson » April 22nd, 2022, 9:27 pm

When I reviewed the product the video ended prior to the explanations of the moves demonstrated to music. I do not know if this is from user error or if there were a technical glitch. Clearly I found it worth mentioning as it seemed unusual to me.

Regardless, having watched the rest of the instructional video, no one should have difficulty understanding the required handling from the demonstrations alone. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Return to “Light From the Lamp”