Odd Comment Made In Book Review

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.

Odd Comment Made In Book Review

Postby Guest » August 26th, 2002, 10:00 am

Jamy Ian Swiss wrote a lengthy review of Aaron fisher's new book "The Paper Engine" and made reference to the Richard Kaufman / James Lewis "Inversion" plot.

This is the first time I have seen Richard Kaufman's name attached to the Inversion plot. I am guessing Richard had released something that uses this premise? Does anyone know the source?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Odd Comment Made In Book Review

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 26th, 2002, 10:39 am

The plot of "Inversion" is very similar to the plot of my effect "The World's Fastest Card Trick" in "CardMagic," published in 1979. James Lewis made a very fine addition with the outjogged card, however having a deck instantly and visibly reverse with the exception of the chosen card in the center is something I published earlier than "Inversion." The reference in Jamy's review is also not the first time the attribution has been correctly made.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » August 26th, 2002, 10:41 am

Thanks Richard. I have "CardMagic" so I will be able to check it out.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » August 28th, 2002, 1:43 pm

Bill Kalush, in the "Secret Sessions" videotape, lays some claim to the effect. I believe it is also published under his name in L.I.N.T (Luka in New Tops) by John Luka, so it may be in New Tops magazine as well.

Return to “Columns”