May 2020 - 3D

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
Shikina

May 2020 - 3D

Postby Shikina » May 9th, 2020, 11:29 am

I noticed a pretty substantial error in the write up to this months first Magicana effect, 3D. The set-up described will not work with the handling provided to achieve the final effect. I’ve found that one has to reverse the sequence of the set-up and then deal out the three tabled packets from right to left (rather than left to right) to make the effect work as described.

In fact just looking at photograph 4 in the description will reveal why the given method is wrong. Clearly a 3H is being placed to the bottom of a packet of cards. When a selection will later be placed on top of said packet and cut into center, it will logically be placed directly under the 3 and NOT separated by two X cards as demanded by the effect.

Has anyone else played with this effect and noticed the same thing? Have you found other ways to bring about the intended effect other than the method I suggested above?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: May 2020 - 3D

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 9th, 2020, 7:01 pm

Yes, we are aware of the error and will print a correction.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: May 2020 - 3D

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 9th, 2020, 11:55 pm

Here is the correct setup: From bottom to the top, face-up Ace, face-down indifferent card, face-up Two, two face-down indifferent cards, face-up Three, then the remainder of the face-down deck.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Magicana”