Thanks Tamariz, Thanks Genii

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.

Thanks Tamariz, Thanks Genii

Postby Guest » September 27th, 2002, 9:00 am

Just a second to tip my a hat to this incredible magic genius. I had read a lot about Tamariz, mostly praise from Giobbi in Card College, but I was unable to find any of his effects. As you well know his books are hard to find and with the money you must spend to get one, you could buy a Robert-Houdin clock.
Anyway I am talking about the deck penetration routine. Just brilliant. I mean, how often do you find a routine described in meticulous detail not only from a technical point of view, but also from what concerns timing, misdirection and patter. And the same goes for the center tear, which I might finally put to test in real life.

I can't way for "Flamenco" to come out and for the reprints of his earlier works.

Thanks Tamariz, thanks Genii.

C. Hampton
Favorite Magician: Tamariz, DaOrtiz, Coperfield

Re: Thanks Tamariz, Thanks Genii

Postby C. Hampton » September 27th, 2002, 12:37 pm

GetJet,

I am aware that Stephen Minch video taped the material for Flamenco more than 7 years ago.

I do not know what is the reason he has not come up with the book yet, but everytime he comes uo with a new book is someone elses.

The word out there was that Jim Krenz was working on the translation of Tamarizs "Sinfonia Mnemonica", but that was suposse to be out last year.
Sometimes I think that they are just building up the audience, like any good magician will do.

Maybe this Christmans, maybe...
Carlos Hampton
www.damainquieta.com/conferencias

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 27th, 2002, 5:57 pm

Stephen Minch doesn't post here, so I'll give you a little update:
Sinfonia has been translated by someone other than Jim Krenz and is about finished. It will be printed in 2003. Flamenco is now completely written, and notes have been made by Tamariz (at long last) on the finished text. Photos and illustrations are being prepared now.
Minch will be reprinting all three of Juan's books that Editorial Frakson originally put out, but they will be improved translations.
As a book publisher, I can tell you from experience that there are many factors involved in making a book, particularly a GOOD book, and that it doesn't happen quickly. Sometimes the holdup is the publisher, or the writer, or the illustrator, or the person doing the layout, or the author, or the subject. Any one of those people can cause a holdup, and it can take years to sort out. Be patient, all the books Minch (and I) am working on will eventually come out and be worth it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jamie Badman

Postby Jamie Badman » September 30th, 2002, 8:22 am

The reprints will be several years away, apparently. Sounds like the new stuff will be here long before the old stuff is redone...

Jamie.

Doug Brewer

Postby Doug Brewer » October 2nd, 2002, 8:32 am

I really enjoyed the Tamariz articles too. Great stuff.

On a side note, whatever happened to Jim Krenz? He was everywhere for a while, then he dropped off the radar screen. Maybe he's still very busy, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him for quite a while.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 2nd, 2002, 9:25 am

Jim was seen quite a bit when he was living in Chicago. When he moved to Los Angeles things didn't work out very well. I don't think he's involved with magic much anymore, and has had some health problems as well.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » October 4th, 2002, 10:49 am

Anyone have Jim's email address or know how to facilitate getting in touch with him?

Thanks,

Steve H

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » October 4th, 2002, 2:16 pm

His web page:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jimkrenz/

His email address (from said web page)

Krenz@mac.com

Postby Guest » October 8th, 2002, 5:40 am

Another address for Jim Krenz: JimKrenz@earthlink.net
(I've found it in another page of the website).
Hope you can find him!

Andrea

Return to “Magicana”