Best of Magicana - 2001

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
Pete McCabe

Best of Magicana - 2001

Postby Pete McCabe » December 30th, 2001, 12:30 am

Now that the year is over, what is everybody's favorite trick from Genii this past year? I propose we stick to material from an issue dated in 2001, which eliminates the recent Mac King issue.

However I do think it makes sense to open up the category to any trick published in Genii, including the ones which are not technically part of Magicana (i.e. the tricks in the sidebars in the Harry Lorayne article).

Perusing the index from the December issue, my first nominees are Racherbaumer's "Doppelganger" and Vernon's "Out of Sight, Out of Mind, Improved."

Pete

P.S. My early favorite for next year is Mac King's "Card in Shoe."

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Best of Magicana - 2001

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 30th, 2001, 8:10 pm

I would like to think that I have full control over every department in the Genii at all times. I must say, with a great chagrin, that upon reading the Genii index for 2001 I was horrified to discover that we'd published only TWO coin tricks the entire year.
I will be doing my best to remedy that situation, since both the January and February issues contain coin tricks, and the February issue featuring Giovanii Livera on the cover contains four effects from him, not a single one a card trick!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » December 31st, 2001, 9:41 pm

don't feel to bad , i am guessing that jet coins filled up almost everybodys time for practicing coin magic.

Noah Levine

2061x

Postby 2061x » January 2nd, 2002, 2:33 pm

Richard,

Any chance you're ever going to print that Hollingworth coin routine I asked about a few years ago (right after Drawing Room Deceptions came out)? You even printed the letter in which I asked about the effect in Genii. I'm still very interested in seeing Guy's routining (sp?) and creativity when it comes to coin magic. Hope to see it soon.

Michael Lamb

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 2nd, 2002, 8:27 pm

Michael,
Guy's coin routine is quite long and complex. I have every intention of including it in Magicana this year. I'm just finishing up the March Magicia, which has a really good Cup and Ball routine from Gregg Webb, and one of the best card tricks I've EVER published from Jim Swain. He fooled the crap out of me at FFFF last April with this.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

2061x

Postby 2061x » January 4th, 2002, 3:58 pm

Great Richard,

Good to hear, I look forward to seeing the effect in print. Not suprised at all that it's long and complex - should be interesting.

Michael

Return to “Magicana”