Phil Labush's "All in One" Gimmick is Available

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Phil Labush's "All in One" Gimmick is Available

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 28th, 2008, 1:44 pm

Ken Garwick writes:
In the July 2008 issue of Genii there was an effect by Phil Labush titled "All in One." At the end of the article, Phil gave an email address where he could be reached to purchase a made up gimmick for the effect. After countless emails sent with no response, I decided to try and track Phil down. I found the name of the IBM Ring he belonged to in Florida. I emailed the contact person fro that Ring and got a response. Phils computer had crashed and he was not able to read emails. I was given a phone number to call and talk to him. I called and had a nice conversation with him. He sent me the required gimmick along with a couple of other effects he had developed.
If anyone is still trying to contact him and have asked you for possible information here is what I have:
Phil Labush
(954) 643-0445
email: Magicmoneyphil@yahoo.com
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

David Thomas

Re: Phil Labush's "All in One" Gimmick is Available

Postby David Thomas » August 28th, 2008, 11:20 pm

Just wondering, what's the effect? I've only been buying Genii since the beginning of August.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 28th, 2008, 11:32 pm

It's a really crazy display of a bill that seems to change five or six times as it's unfolded. I saw Phil do this at the IBM convention in Miami and it was quite surprising and funny--that's why I put it in Magicana.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

DrDanny

Postby DrDanny » August 29th, 2008, 12:21 am

It's a nice little piece of business, and not all that hard to make. A scanner and some primitive Photoshopping skills are the only requisites. The only problem I had with it was due to the poor quality paper I used to make it: printer paper wears out a LOT faster than currency.

Return to “Magicana”