Darwins Bottom run up

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
Glenn Bishop
Posts: 650
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 10:52 am

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Glenn Bishop » May 21st, 2008, 5:27 pm

Hey Jinx I just wanted to jump in here and say I watched one or two more of your video's you had on you tube - great stuff.

A real treat - just wanted to say thanks for posting them.

Glenn Bishop
Posts: 650
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 10:52 am

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Glenn Bishop » May 27th, 2008, 11:37 am

Cugel wrote:Having seen you perform I think you would derive great benefit from reading Darwin Ortiz's books.

Just my opinion.


Not worth my time to respond!

Eoin O'Hare wrote:I have not read any of Glenn Bishop's work on this subject and at this time - it may sound strange but I do not intend to read his work on the subject.


I don't think that this would be possible because I do not intend to put this out on the magic market as I said above. Writing books or producing magic for the magic market of magicians just is not my thing.

But in view of the amount of downloads of my video - there does seem to be a lot of interest in the triumph shuffle and how it can be used to cull and stack.

Just my opinion!

Glenn Bishop
Posts: 650
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 10:52 am

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Glenn Bishop » May 27th, 2008, 11:53 am

Denis Behr wrote:Not really. In the Triumph Shuffle you do not move the top block but rather the elongated deck underneath.


Yes, you can call it a variation of the triumph shuffle. The idea came from the published triumph shuffle that was in the stars of magic book.

Denis Behr wrote:
That is absolutely essential to the deceptivness, which your execution is sadly lacking.

Denis


I tend to not to criticize another person or their technique until I have a full understanding of what is going on. Like in many other card techniques - in using the triumph shuffle to cull and stack cards - variations in handling must be explored and perhaps later used to accomplish a different need (culling and stacking on the fly) with an old technique (The triumph false shuffle).

But if you do not like the technique - that is OK by me.

Because - it works for me - and my audience.

Just my opinion.

User avatar
Cugel
Posts: 441
Joined: January 26th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Location: Overworld

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Cugel » May 27th, 2008, 5:10 pm

Glenn Bishop wrote:
Cugel wrote:Having seen you perform I think you would derive great benefit from reading Darwin Ortiz's books.

Just my opinion.


Not worth my time to respond!


That's your opinion!

Glenn Bishop
Posts: 650
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 10:52 am

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Glenn Bishop » May 28th, 2008, 9:33 am

Yes - that is "my opinion" and if I may add I don't care what many of today's magicians think of my magic - me or my magic techniques.

I was lucky to grow up around some very well known professional magicians. Jay Marshall, Don Alan, Jack Pyle and many others. They took time with me and showed me things and many times "they" liked what I did and my ideas.

But that was not really as important as the audience "liking" what I did. Because professional magicians do magic for an audience - what the magicians think about what I do - I never considered that to be "my problem".

And since I have been performing for audiences for more than 30 years and I have a "bankable" track record of successful shows and a history of satisfied clients in restaurants, Night clubs, fairs, festivals, family shows and I even did a week of shows at the world famous magic castle.

I am happy with what I do! And I have years and years of success doing what I do.

And that is just my opinion as well.

But like I said "Each to their own".

Glenn Bishop
Posts: 650
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 10:52 am

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Glenn Bishop » May 29th, 2008, 9:06 am

Not worth my time to respond silly walter.

User avatar
Dustin Stinett
Posts: 6888
Joined: July 22nd, 2001, 12:00 pm
Favorite Magician: Sometimes
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Dustin Stinett » May 29th, 2008, 9:17 pm

But I will respond.

Walter, if all you have to offer to this board are personal insultslike the half dozen or so I just deletedI will happily delete your silly ass. Please knock it off.

Dustin

Silly Walter
Posts: 133
Joined: March 16th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Silly Walter » May 30th, 2008, 6:55 am

Dustin Stinett wrote:But I will respond.

Walter, if all you have to offer to this board are personal insultslike the half dozen or so I just deletedI will happily delete your silly ass. Please knock it off.

Dustin


Sorry Dustin. It was just my opinion. I'll be nice. :grin:
Silly Walter The Polar Bear

User avatar
Eoin O'hare
Posts: 130
Joined: January 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Eoin O'hare » July 12th, 2008, 11:27 pm

Glenn Bishop wrote:
Eoin O'Hare wrote:I have not read any of Glenn Bishop's work on this subject and at this time - it may sound strange but I do not intend to read his work on the subject.


I don't think that this would be possible because I do not intend to put this out on the magic market as I said above. Writing books or producing magic for the magic market of magicians just is not my thing.

But in view of the amount of downloads of my video - there does seem to be a lot of interest in the triumph shuffle and how it can be used to cull and stack.

Just my opinion!

OK, Glenn.
Designer & Maker of The Stripper Jig Card Trimmer

User avatar
Eoin O'hare
Posts: 130
Joined: January 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Darwins Bottom run up

Postby Eoin O'hare » July 13th, 2008, 12:11 pm

Ok, Glenn. (Fixed the link.)
Designer & Maker of The Stripper Jig Card Trimmer


Return to “Magicana”