NEW Show concept being premired at AbraCORNdabra 2012!

Tiny

NEW Show concept being premired at AbraCORNdabra 2012!

Postby Tiny » December 20th, 2011, 3:50 am

AbraCORNdabra Magic Convnetion was a HUGE hit Spring 2011 in Altoona, Iowa.
Exceeding expectations, the convention is growing in many ways...
NEW for 2012 - "WHO'S WAND IS IT ANYWAY?" - a Comedy Magic IMPROV Show featuring some of the visiting Magic Stars and directed by LA Stand-up Comic & Las Vegas Children's Entertainer - Scott "Doodad" Dorfman! Imagine some of the improv skits featured on Drew Careys hilarious TV show, but altered to be of a MAGICAL Nature!?! This is just one of MANY exciting events taking place at AbraCORNdabra May 18, 19, 20, 2012 in Altoona, Iowa.
Check it out at:
www.AbraCORNdabra.com

This being an open forum - I would be VERY interested to hear YOUR thoughts and ideas of Improv MAGIC skits YOU would like to see performed!

Thanks everyone!

Adam Brooks

Re: NEW Show concept being premired at AbraCORNdabra 2012!

Postby Adam Brooks » December 26th, 2011, 10:35 pm

You should talk to Tim Ellis. He developed a bunch of improv-based magic games a while back:

http://www.australianmagician.com/magicsports.html

Adam

Tiny

Re: NEW Show concept being premired at AbraCORNdabra 2012!

Postby Tiny » December 31st, 2011, 5:13 am

Thanks for the suggestion Adam!
The funny thing is - TIM ELLIS CONTACTED ME ABOUT POSSIBLY ATTENDING AND LECTURING AT ABRACORNDABRA!
:o)
It would be fantastic if we could make it all work out for him to visit us in the "cornfields of Iowa"!

I used to work in Comedy Sports - we are going more in the direction of a "show" rather than a "game" format for this...
It will be interesting (and FUN!) no matter what!

I am looking for comedy Improv skits I can "turn around" into a magical theme... Funny is Funny - and for a room full of magicians, Funny comedy Improv with a MAGIC theme COULD be interesting!

Thanks again Adam - wish others would comment here!
(hint,hint)

Return to “Convention Reports”