Jason England and the Center Deal

Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
Dave Egleston

Jason England and the Center Deal

Postby Dave Egleston » March 7th, 2009, 3:17 pm

Theory 11
$9.95
1-on-1
Download at www.theory11.com

Jason England and Theory 11 have put out yet another quality 1-on-1 video.

This one is a center deal tutorial, it cost $10.00 and is about half an hour long. You have to download it at www.theory11.com, go to the tabs on the top of the page and select 1-on-1, it's pretty easy and took about 8 minutes to download on a home DSL line.

Jason starts with a history of the center deal that is very interesting because he provides several references, all of which are easy to look up. After watching the video, I enjoyed reading the references he supplied and was able to see the roots of some of the ideas Jason presented during this lesson.

The lesson starts with an over all view of the center deal for about 10 minutes. Then he starts with the in-depth explanation. Jason makes this sneaky deal look easy and effortless, don't be fooled! The explanation and visuals are excellent and there is no doubt I'm going to be able to learn the center deal, but it won't be this afternoon. Jason states this is hybrid deal he's developed and has been in the works for about 20 years, he's using a beautiful blend of some of the methods taught by Erdnase, Cooper and Kennedy and it looks like there is some influences from Martin Nash, Gene Maze and probably Richard Turner.

After the main lesson, Mr. England goes over some of the finer points of the center deal such as how to make use of the card that may "ride along" with the dealt card angles and the type and amount of pressure the left had needs to exert while dealing.

The final part of the video is a dissertation on some of the common and not so common problems with the Center Deal and how to eliminate or use them to advantage.

The video is recorded in Hi-Def and is beautiful to watch, all hand shots are easy to see and leaves no doubt about where and how to hold the deck. Jason has an engaging personality and with each video it seems more like visiting with a friend than attending a lecture.

I think this is a good addition to a card guy's reference library and sure in heck is worth $9.95

Dave

Sebastien L.

Re: Jason England and the Center Deal

Postby Sebastien L. » March 9th, 2009, 10:36 am

Are you familiar with the Delgaudio and Robinson center deals? Any points of similarity between what Jason teaches and those? I am working with them and would enjoy any additional sources.

AMCabral

Postby AMCabral » March 9th, 2009, 5:27 pm

I'm not familiar with the workings of the Robinson deal, but as Jason was the one who taught Derek DelGaudio how to center deal, he's certainly worth your attention on the subject. Plus, he's an excellent teacher regardless.

-T

David Thomas

Postby David Thomas » March 9th, 2009, 6:33 pm

I have bought the download as well. Very good starting source for the move.

David

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » March 9th, 2009, 9:49 pm

I just got the Robinson book last Friday, I'll see if there's anything about the center deal sometime this week.

Delgaudio is deathly afraid to show me anything for fear that I'll improve upon it and sell it on the Cafe.

As David said above, this is a good video with which to start a twenty year journey.

Jason also released a palming video, I'm planning on buying it this week and hopefully review it for the GENII forum this weekend.

Dave

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » March 10th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Dave Egleston wrote:I just got the Robinson book last Friday, I'll see if there's anything about the center deal sometime this week.

It's covered.

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » March 10th, 2009, 10:04 pm

Re: Robinson Center/Middle deal.

From my viewpoint, there is not a lot of similarity between the two styles in question but Mr. Robinson has some interesting ideas about how to get into position for the deal.

I hope you get a chance to compare the methods.

Dave

Return to “Light from the Lamp ONLINE.”