INSEPARABLE - Jay Sankey

Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
Dave Egleston

INSEPARABLE - Jay Sankey

Postby Dave Egleston » September 15th, 2008, 12:07 am

Available through Sankeymagic.com

Dealers buy from:

Murphy's Magic Supplies
www.murphysmagicsupplies.com
916-853-9292

63 minutes
You're going to pay $22.00-$25.00

I've been around magic for about 20 years now and though I've heard Mr. Sankey on my satellite radio doing comedy from Canada and I own several books by and about him and his magic, I've never seen him perform.

You're essentially buying a set of gimmicks that are certainly attention grabbers and the DVD is the instructions on how to use them.

However unlike most the single trick DVDs I've seen, we are treated to about 8 different card switches, that are handy to know whether you're performing INSEPARABLE or not. Plus Mr Sankey throws in a couple of verbal "essays" on performance and motivation.

This is called "The ultimate sandwich effect"

From the advertisement,

"INSEPARABLE takes the classic sandwich effect to an outrageous new level. The selected card not only appears between two other cards held by the spectator, but all three cards are found to be FUSED TOGETHER INTO A SINGLE STRIP OF CARDBOARD!"

That pretty much is what happens, I did this for a non-family member (neighbor in her front yard) and she gave a hearty chuckle, so in a more realistic setting I can see where this could be a delightful trick.

The switches he teaches include:

The Two Beat Switch
Vernon Substitute Transfer
In Pocket Switches
Faux Insert Switch
ATFUS
Rollover Switch
Top Change
Twirl Change

Followed by four alternate handlings for the INSEPARABLE gimmicks.

Overall - kind of a cute card trick, if it was written up in a booklet it would definitely be worth the cost just to be able to re-read Mr. Sankey's thoughts on magic and card switches, unfortunately I can see, in my mind's eye, the kids skipping those parts of the DVD to get to the "good stuff"

Dave

Ryan Matney

Re: INSEPARABLE - Jay Sankey

Postby Ryan Matney » September 15th, 2008, 1:08 pm

Is this effect different from the one Justin Miller released called(I think) "Time and Space"?
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

cfrancis

Postby cfrancis » September 15th, 2008, 5:50 pm

Yes, it is very different. Justin's effect is a variation of Hamman's "The Signed Card" where the two jokers that trapped the selection actually fuse to the back of the signed card at the end of the routine.

Ryan Matney

Postby Ryan Matney » September 15th, 2008, 6:52 pm

Thanks. I usually don't like exposing gaffs in routines like these. I'm aware that some people don't consider it exposure, though.
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

Return to “Light from the Lamp ONLINE.”