Coin thru Box by Jesse Feinberg

Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
Bill Wells

Coin thru Box by Jesse Feinberg

Postby Bill Wells » September 10th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Coin Thru Box by Jesse Feinberg DVD 40 minutes running time - $24 available from Blacks Magic Group at www.blacksmagicgroup.com . Dealers may purchase from Murphys Magic Supplies, Inc. (916) 853-9292 www.murphysmagicsupplies.com .

Another one trick video the effect on this one is a borrowed signed coin is slipped beneath the cellophane on a card box. With a flick of the wrist, the coin disappears. Upon shaking the box, the coin can be heard to rattle inside. The box is opened and the coin is dumped onto the table. You may watch Mr. Feinberg demonstrate the effect on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ2J8jIYGVQ . It will only take 30 seconds of your time to watch.

The video box proclaims the following: Requires practice for basic to advanced magicians and Learn this effect today. Is there is a bit of an oxymoron in there someplace? The back of the box also tells you Everything you need to imitate the gods is taught to you step-by-step on this DVD. This is what magic is supposed to look like. With regard to the former statement I would wonder if the word "hubris" is in Mr. Feinbergs vocabulary and if the latter is true, then I hope those gods can help us all.

You can subtract the obligatory 10 minutes of product demos from the 40 minutes of running time. The 30 minutes thats left has a bit of stretching with 3 minutes of trying five different kinds of coins, introduction, materials, final thoughts and credits. About 15 minutes is devoted to the handling and the remainder of the video deals with construction of the gaff needed to accomplish this minor miracle. Mr. Feinberg does a very careful and thorough job of instructing how to make the gaff needed for the effect.

I am not sure of the justification for putting a coin inside the cellophane of a card box and if one wishes to have coins pass into boxes then the old visible penetration of a coin into a cigarette lighter or the more recent tic tac box are more mystifying.

These videos from Blacks Magic Group are definitely pitched to a young demographic. With utterances such as: totally works and Hit me up! Join the forums and talk to people like us, real magicians (is there any hope for the rest of us?), or we have like a sick line of tricks, the intended target audience is no mystery.

However, if you want another 30 second puzzle effect to add to your penetrating coin collection, then invest $24 in this video.
Bill Wells

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Re: Coin thru Box by Jesse Feinberg

Postby Joe Pecore » September 11th, 2008, 5:23 am

How examinable is the card box?
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 11th, 2008, 10:42 am

I would think it can't be examined.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » September 11th, 2008, 2:56 pm

In spite of what the ads for this trick imply, you cannot examine the card box immediately ... it can however, be "cleaned up" rather easily and then is fully examinable.
Bill Wells

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » September 11th, 2008, 11:09 pm

The ad doesn't imply it, it out right says everything is examinable. That is why I was wondering. Thanks for the info!
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » September 12th, 2008, 9:36 am

If you are willing to wade through the rather lengthly threads on the Magic Cafe, you will learn that there are considerable questions being raised about the advertising for the videos and effects offered by this individual and group. The two items I have reviewed certainly push truth in advertising to new limits.
Bill Wells

Return to “Light from the Lamp ONLINE.”