David Penn The Lecture (DVD) by David Penn
Standard lookin' DVD and case.
Available at http://davidpenn.co.uk at today's exchange rate this will set you back $38.93 USD
1. This guy is so obviously a pro, I was ashamed I'd never heard of him.
2. The tricks and snippets of ideas are very, very good.
3. He's a charming young lad and I'm embarrassed to be reviewing his material. Well I'm embarrassed I got his DVD without paying for it. I'm going to his site and buy other stuff from him right now.
4. If you have Topitsis (yes I like to spell it like that!!) in your jacketses, Buy this DVD. You will do the coin routine of his. You'll at least play with it . . . forget where you saw it and claim it as your idea someday.
5. He has a routine on here where he takes a deck out of it's case, the case vanishes, the deck vanishes. It's one of the very best things I've seen in a long time.
6. I suspect he has lectured to many groups before with this material. It didn't seem scripted, but he probably had one anyway. The explanations are freaking crystal clear. He knows how to direct his cameraman. This thing is first class. Oh . . . don't learn the Pat Page glass production. Don't learn it. It's too good for you!!
7. I hate to gush unreservedly so . . .
I could not find a performance section on the DVD. He goes right into explanations. If you're looking for a DVD to watch some great routines and just be entertained this ain't it. Actually there simply isn't any filler on the DVD. It's his lecture. He's got shots from all over China where he chose to film the DVD. I suspect he is so busy doing shows, that was where he had time to stand in front of a camera between gigs.
David Penn has restored my faith in producers of magic videos. If you've got the green and you're looking to drop it on a DVD; of all the stuff I've dug out of the box of stuff RK sent so far, this is the clear winner.
As I look into the box, I can see Dean Dill's multi-colored throwback beard. I bet that one ain't shabby either.
David Penn The Lecture . . . Hell yeah!
Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1