FREEZE

Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
Dave Egleston

FREEZE

Postby Dave Egleston » September 5th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Freeze a "Factory" sealed bottle of water.

Before I start. If "JP" is a person who has a learning disability or is a person for whom English is a second language; I apologize, but have someone read your work before "publishing" it.

This is a little booklet, 8 pages long. I've now read it 4 times and THINK I know what the author is trying to say.

Essentially, this is a trick we've all fooled around in one form or another ever since we discovered the INSTA-FREEZE pack in our sports medicine box during high school. " JP" decided to write up his handling for us.

He also has pictures! Three of the eight pictures show the water getting cold! Seriously!

Without giving away any of the secrets, I quote:

"Boil some water, but do not use the microwave. Most people don't know that water can explode if heated up on the microwaves. Other liquids can be boiled on the microwave, but for some reason, water offers a risk of explosion. So, after you boil some water on the stove, place the first top of the bottle you cut on the hot water"

"Use the scissors to remove the cap out of the water and carefully pull the plastic that is inside the cap out using the scissors. If you have done it correctly you have a perfect sealed bottle top."

It gets better but to quote any more would be exposure!

Attention would be authors, Spell Check is not a proofreading tool.

I couldn't find much on "JP", there was a website through which he sells his products:

whosmagic.com

I tried to call and get some info but the line has been perpetually busy for two days. Sales must be brisk.

The price for this is $24.99!

This is a Junior High School science project easily found in any Borders' remainder bin for $1.99 several times a year.

Dave

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: FREEZE

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 5th, 2008, 9:26 pm

I feel a "chill" in the air. :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Damian Odess-Gillett

Re: FREEZE

Postby Damian Odess-Gillett » September 6th, 2008, 1:18 am

JP is confusing his prepositions. He writes "on" when he means "in." My guess is that English is not his first language.

Return to “Light from the Lamp ONLINE.”