Margarita XL by Sean Scott

Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
Kent Gunn

Margarita XL by Sean Scott

Postby Kent Gunn » September 5th, 2008, 1:22 am

Margarita XL is the production of a really large, think movie prop large, glass from beneath a scarf. Three feet of gigantic glass vase in one example. I think a quick trip to:

http://www.theartofseanscott.com/id13.html

Is worth a look.

I enjoyed watching the DVD. Mr. Scott does it very, very well. He explains how to perform the effect to a level of detail that is exceptional. Oh, he fooled the snot out of me time and time again.

He includes a special something to do the trick. You will have to supply a large silk and the glass. I will admit that a good sized, (36") silk and a nice humongous glass will probably set you back far more than his DVD

It is clever. Sean Scott is one of the crew from Illusions restaurant in Indiana(?), from whence, some darned fine magicians have sprung.

I think if you work this up you'll have a darned fine opening bit that will grab your audience's attention.

It appears to cost somewhere between 32 and 36 dollars. Is it worth it ? ? ? I don't know. I don't like paying that much money for a single trick. There's been enough debate about that point. I just wanted you to know it's one trick - pull gigantor the glass from beneath a silk . . . That's it for 32 bucks.

On a whim I busted out my Tarbell . . . I found several large thing productions in a single volume. You already own Tarbell.

Watch the demo reel. He's got an email address, if you have questions concerning angles, or performing situations, he would probably answer them. I know I had those questions as I watched. He answered every question I had on the DVD.

He includes a special something to do the trick, with the DVD. You will have to supply a large silk and the glass. I will admit that a good sized, (36") silk and a nice humongous glass will probably set you back far more than his DVD. He sells kits with the DVD, glass, silk and carrying case, for some seriously long green, on his website.

If you think pulling a giant glass, very cleanly out of thin air is your next opener, send the guy some green. Or go read Tarbell.

Brad Henderson

Re: Margarita XL by Sean Scott

Postby Brad Henderson » September 5th, 2008, 10:35 pm

Is this different from Warren Stephan's fish bowl production (which may not have been Warren's, but I know he did it a lot)?

David Nethery
Favorite Magician: Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki

Re: Margarita XL by Sean Scott

Postby David Nethery » September 6th, 2008, 11:29 am

Kent,

Thanks for the review and pointing out Sean's web site.

The demo he does of it on his web site looks good. I think the DVD is probably worth it just to watch the finer points of how to do the steal. Yes, it probably could be learned from a book (Tarbell, etc.) but Sean has obviously perfected the moves over a long learning curve and the DVD cuts the learning curve down for anyone else who wants to do this. I think if I were going to do this sort of effect then the DVD would be worth it for me (although in general I agree with you about not shelling out $32 bucks or more for a single-trick DVD .)

Return to “Light from the Lamp ONLINE.”