Forgetful fred again

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.

Forgetful fred again

Postby 000 » November 26th, 2008, 9:51 pm

Does anybody know a magicfacturer who has made a 'bird' version of Forgetful Freddie? ie like a parrot or something/able to custom make?

( its for some shows in a bird park coming up)
Thanks.

Re: Forgetful fred again

Postby 000 » December 4th, 2008, 4:13 am

I have found a snowman, Santa version, Reindeer version as well as Bad King Kong version. It befalls Kong to be repainted as a bird then.

Supreme sold a (smaller ) version of the boy figure........anybody know who might be that manufacturer and whether it is still being made?

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » December 4th, 2008, 10:08 am

There is a "boy wizard" version I have seen in ads. Also, there is the Frankenstein version from Mike Bent.

I actually made one myself last year. I wanted one that was a scarecrow, so I built it from the ground up. The mechanics revolve around a $1 rat trap ! Not only has the prop worked like a charm, it continues to be one of the tricks that the kids and parents talk about with me after the show. Just used it last week on a Fall Festival show. If you are interested, contact me and I would be glad to send pix and a blow by blow account of how I made mine.

I am also assembling a bird theme show for this coming spring, so have been doing alot of bird research. It helps that my wife is on the BOD for the local Audubon Society !

I think your idea is very cool. What type of bird did you have in mind for the figure ? I would recommend something without a long or large beak. This could potentially end up being a part that breaks off when the gimmick is fired. Something like a parrot, or other bird with a short, stout beak would work better, I would think.

I would really like to see how you do with this. Don't worry, I am not interested in taking your idea, just fascintated with the concept!

Good luck...

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S
CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Postby 000 » December 5th, 2008, 10:50 am

Hi Mark

I will be making a parrot..............being a clumsy clot with my hands I have others do the work for me, but have ordered a kong to (re)paint. Thanks for the kind offer though, appreciate it.
Also planning on using the Educated duck, and Spellin Bee, to spell BIRDS.

Return to “Children's Entertainment”