Day of Lectures 2011

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Mr. K

Day of Lectures 2011

Postby Mr. K » November 14th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Hello, I went to my 2nd year of Magic apples Day of Lectures I have to day it was amazing! Brent had Tony Clark he was amazing his lecture I truly recommend if you have not seen him very smooth!Then it was Meir Yedid I was shocked how much knowledge this great talent had again I totally recommend! his finger fantasies are truly impressive combined that with magic & you will no doubt have an amazing time! The next lecturer was the great Johnny Thompson & this was a topper for me, he is still talented & fooled everyone with his effects & the whole room was so electrified I can not explain this feeling I had. J T presentation was incredible the trick he shared along with great D Vernon stories & card tricks the professor did, I am still jazzed about this the day of lectures it made me realize what This art means to me.
>Its Only MAGIC!!<

Bob Postelnik

Re: Day of Lectures 2011

Postby Bob Postelnik » November 15th, 2011, 6:01 pm

Tru dat Mista K. It was a very enjoyable day, Brent did a great job scheduling the lectures because they complemented each other and the transition was seamless. The connecting thread was Slidini since both Tony and Meir were students of this great magician, and Johnny Thompson did a hilarious imitation of Slidini doing the Balls Over the Head.

Tony led off with a vast compendium of his masterful magic and concluded with his brilliant Gypsy Balloon routine, and interspersed between the two were true gems of advice on motivation and execution.

I still don't believe what I saw from Meir and his finger manipulations, must be seen to be believed. He continued with many doable card and coins stuff; you must see his coin vanish, it fooled everyone even though he graciously repeated it over and over until the crowd begged him to show how it was done!

Johnny led off with a dove production that even had Tony Clark up and off his chair, it was truly amazing. It didn't take Johnny long to have the whole crowd eating out of the palm of his hands with interspersed references to many of the greats past and present.

If you couldn't make it to this year's Day of Lectures you missed a once in a lifetime event, make sure you don't miss the next one because I'm sure Brent has already started planning for next year. I really don't know how he does it but I hope he keeps the magic going at the Day of Lectures 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.....
Life is a journey, so do not arrive at your grave safe and in a well preserved body. Enjoy the Ride!

The Magic Apple

Re: Day of Lectures 2011

Postby The Magic Apple » November 16th, 2011, 10:25 am

Thank you both for the nice words! I hope to do these types of events year after year!

Stay tuned for the next Magic Apple event....
TheMagicApple.com
818-508-9921
Follow us: @The_Magic_Apple

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”