Rick Maue Chicago Area July 28 SPECIAL Lecture!!

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Tom Dobrowolski

Rick Maue Chicago Area July 28 SPECIAL Lecture!!

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » July 20th, 2011, 11:48 am

On Thursday July 28, 2011 at 7 p.m., Midwest Magic is Proud to Present:

Rick Maue

On Thursday, July 28th, Rick Maue will be lecturing here at the shop, but it won't be his standard lecture. Since he has been with us before, he will be reaching deep into his bag of tricks to share some of his most guarded secrets. Most of the routines have never been released, and the vast majority have only been taught once or twice at special sessions...and one or two have never been shared at all.

Rick is, without question, one of the best lecturers I have ever seen and I'm proud to call him a great friend.Simon Lovell

Ricks lecture absolutely blew me away. The material was strong, the theory was solid, and it is obvious from the first minute of the lecture that Rick CARES about his craft. I can't wait to see it again.Joshua Jay
Why is it that when I see you lecture, I feel like I am watching a mad scientist at work? Marc DeSouza

Rick Maues Theatrical Deception Lecture is not a regular magic lecture, nor is it a mentalism lecture, or a bizarre lecture. Instead, it is a lecture on creating, adapting, and performing strong magic and mentalism for audiences in the real world. That is probably why Rick has been receiving praise from not only those mentioned above, but also from a wide range of performers and creators such as, Paul Gertner, Banachek, Jon Stetson, Doc Eason, Bob Sheets, Todd Robbins, Lance Daniels, Docc Hilford, Bob Kohler, and many others. In addition, also consider these comments from a review by Tim Quinlan at insidemagic.com: Let's go to the bottom-line: Mr. Maue's presence, voice, look, and manner convinced me that he probably could read my mind. He has incredible style in his presentation and exudes the confidence of someone who has done this once or twice before...Mr. Maue performs magic that improves on the state of the art and matches it with scripting and presentation methods that make it a work of art.

Rick Maue has been creating deception for over four decades. He is the founder of Deceptions Unlimited & the author and creator of The Book Of HauntedMagick; FATE; Imagine; The Final Picture; Mixed Emotions; PsiWave; The Journey; The Book Of Spirits Sance; The Road, and the upcoming Occam's Magic. During his Theatrical Deception Lecture, Rick will feature a number of his signature pieces, and also several unreleased items. None of the effects will require expensive gimmicks or propsjust everyday items such as envelopes, poker chips, paper, playing cards, etc To make the point that no special gimmicks are needed to perform Ricks creations, just think about the fact that after seeing him work in Las Vegas, Michael Weber created Ricks new nickname when he began calling him OfficeMax Maven.

And all of the material in the lecture will be what Rick refers to as VdM Magicwhich means that all of it will be so technically easy that the Venus de Milo could perform it. In other words, everything that will be taught will be well within the reach of every performer in the room.
So if you are interested in solid performance pieces (along with proven methods and diabolical subtleties) that don't require expensive gimmicks, or any sleight-of-hand, you will want to see what Rick has to offer on July 28th. At the end of the night, you will certainly have things that you can immediately put into your working repertoire. In short, this will be a true teaching lecture, not a dealer demo. In fact, none of the new material will even be available for purchase because the emphasis will be on sharing solid ideas...not on product sales.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT!

Tickets are $20 and seating in order of reservation, so call today!

Midwest Magic
9706 Franklin Av.
Franklin Park, IL 60131
847-455-4288

www.midwestmagic.net

Tom Dobrowolski

Re: Rick Maue Chicago Area July 28 SPECIAL Lecture!!

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » July 26th, 2011, 9:12 am

Remember it's this Thursday and filling up fast!!! Call or stop in to make your reservation today.

Tom Dobrowolski

Re: Rick Maue Chicago Area July 28 SPECIAL Lecture!!

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » July 27th, 2011, 8:55 am

Rick Maue is retiring!
After Mindvention in October, he will never again be either performing or lecturing.
On Thursday, July 28th, Rick Maue will be lecturing at Midwest Magic.
Don't miss this final chance to see one of the best thinkers in the business.
Rick is, without question, one of the best lecturers I have ever seen"--Simon Lovell.

Tickets are $20 and seating in order of reservation, so call today!
847-455-4288

Midwest Magic
9706 Franklin Av.
Franklin Park, IL 60131
www.midwestmagic.net

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”