Magic Series On The BBC Radio Archives

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
PapaG

Magic Series On The BBC Radio Archives

Postby PapaG » July 29th, 2018, 6:03 pm

performer

Re: Magic Series On The BBC Radio Archives

Postby performer » July 29th, 2018, 7:44 pm

What I would really, really , really like to see (but never will) is the BBC TV show "Into Thin Air". It was black and white television and lasted 30 minutes. It featured Vernon, Slydini and Cy Endfield in their prime. I was around 15 years old at the time and it had a profound effect on me. beautiful technique and impeccable magic. I remember seeing Slydini doing the coin roll which quite surprised me because I didn't associate it with him.

They were all pretty good. I think Slydini was the most effective by a slight edge. Vernon next. Cy Endfield was probably the weakest of the three by a slight margin. He didn't seem to have the showmanship of the other two.

I have never come across anyone who ever saw this show but of course someone must have since it was shown to millions. I understand the show has been lost to oblivion but if it were ever to surface somewhere in some lost archive it would be quite something.

Return to “Link Watch”