US Playing Card magic site

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Charlie Randall

US Playing Card magic site

Postby Charlie Randall » February 25th, 2017, 9:44 am

For those that haven't seen it, US Playing Cards has a site dedicated to magic. Besides interviews with some well know magicians, it shows how to make a hypercard:

http://www.bicyclecards.com/article_categories/magic/

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Re: US Playing Card magic site

Postby Tom Frame » February 25th, 2017, 6:42 pm

That's cool of USPCC to create a magic section on their site.

Charlie, you knew that mentioning hypercards would compel me to respond! Pavlov would be proud and drooling.

I wrote the standard reference guide of hypercards, The HyperCard Project. (2006). I still have a handful of copies of the second print run of the book and gaffs for my "Son of Hyper-Warp" effect.

I'm just saying.

Thanks,

Tom

Rob Signs

Postby Rob Signs » March 19th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Thanks for posting the link Charlie - I've always loved hypercard - had hypercard business cards at one point. Was it inspired from Monday magic lunch? Great site. I'm sure I'll spend too much time pouring through it, LOL!

Charlie Randall

Postby Charlie Randall » March 31st, 2017, 10:19 pm

Rob, sorry for the tardy response. I've been out of town digging up fossils (literally) with my daughter's class for the last 10 days or so. But no this didn't come up from the Monday lunches! I was kind of sorry to see the hypercard information on the site, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

And Tom, wasn't your hypercard routine also printed along with a set of gimmicks in your latest book, the one that's gotten lots of great reviews! (subtle plug)

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » April 1st, 2017, 9:18 am

Charlie Randall wrote:And Tom, wasn't your hypercard routine also printed along with a set of gimmicks in your latest book, the one that's gotten lots of great reviews! (subtle plug)

Charlie,

Yes it is, yes they are and yes it has! (blatant thanks)

EndersGame
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder

Postby EndersGame » June 1st, 2018, 2:15 am

Charlie Randall wrote:For those that haven't seen it, US Playing Cards has a site dedicated to magic. Besides interviews with some well know magicians, it shows how to make a hypercard:

http://www.bicyclecards.com/article_categories/magic/

Thanks for sharing that. I especially enjoyed reading the interviews with David Blaine and Michael Ammar.
Click here to see all my reviews: Magic Reviews Playing Card Reviews Board Game Reviews

Return to “Link Watch”