Dani DaOrtiz - Amazing video

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Mats Kjellstrom
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield

Dani DaOrtiz - Amazing video

Postby Mats Kjellstrom » October 20th, 2009, 1:35 pm

mrgoat

Re: Dani DaOrtiz - Amazing video

Postby mrgoat » October 20th, 2009, 2:29 pm

What an appalling video.

Reminds me of the phrase "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

I couldn't watch it.

I'd love to see the pitch meeting.

"OK, so, you're a magician, right? Cool. So it's important that people see what you do in your promo video? SCREW YOU! What you need is lots of BS video effects, some fake 3D stuff and make it look like a sci-fi movie.

I know they SAY you have to get someone's attention QUICK in this youtube age. I saw SCREW YOU. Spin out the beginning as long as possible, even over 30 seconds. Make people have no idea what they are watching. If they are SERIOUS they will stick through that pretentious B movie twaddle.

Yes, then we show some tricks, but what we do, is rather than use the full screen, we're gonna take some city skyline and make it look like the VIDEO is on a BILLBOARD! Yeah baby. A motherfunking BILL BOARD. Yes, I know you can't see what you're doing, but the SERIOUS will want to buy the DVD ANYWAY!"

Sigh.

It actually reminded me of the funny Williamson/Buck pisstake video.

Sad day.

Unless I am missing the post modern irony and he is deliberately taking the piss out of himself?

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » October 20th, 2009, 4:18 pm

mrgoat wrote:Sad day.

Unless I am missing the post modern irony and he is deliberately taking the piss out of himself?

On the blog, Dani says: "Hoy me encontr con esta sorpresa en forma de video. Un trabajo sorprendentemente que, desde aqu, quiero agradecer pblicamente", which Google Translate converts into "Today I came across this video as a surprise. An amazing job that here, I want to thank publicly.".

Since the editing and the video effects closely follow the tutorials at VideoCoPilot, I'm rather confident that this YouTube clip is made as a tribute to Dani by a young fan.
And as such, I think it is a quite impressive piece of work on a high technical level. And I'd like to congratulate the person behind it.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » October 20th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Tom Stone wrote:
mrgoat wrote:Sad day.

On the blog, Dani says: "Hoy me encontr con esta sorpresa en forma de video. Un trabajo sorprendentemente que, desde aqu, quiero agradecer pblicamente", which Google Translate converts into "Today I came across this video as a surprise. An amazing job that here, I want to thank publicly.".

Since the editing and the video effects closely follow the tutorials at VideoCoPilot, I'm rather confident that this YouTube clip is made as a tribute to Dani by a young fan.
And as such, I think it is a quite impressive piece of work on a high technical level. And I'd like to congratulate the person behind it.

I see, it was someone showing off their skillz rather than a promo video

Phew.

I really thought it was one of the worst promo videos I've ever seen.

As a showcase for someone's 3D/composting skillz I guess it's OK. But I am not qualified to judge that.

Dick Christian

Postby Dick Christian » October 20th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Bet Johnny Thompson is proud to be a part of it.
Dick Christian

raj k

Postby raj k » October 23rd, 2009, 1:17 pm

The Thompson segment was an excerpt from a dvd set, Fat Brothers. They're a group of three very talented magicians from Spain, but haven't become mainstream in the US.....yet. These guys have entertained and fried some of the best in the field.

Silly Walter

Postby Silly Walter » November 12th, 2009, 10:41 am

Dick Christian wrote:Bet Johnny Thompson is proud to be a part of it.

He probably was. Dani DaOrtiz is an incredible card guy.
Silly Walter The Polar Bear

Paulie

Postby Paulie » November 12th, 2009, 11:32 am

This is my fave "homenajeando a slydini" - lovely management, sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IROhl5IH ... re=related

Paulie.

Return to “Link Watch”