The Magic Network

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
V Marra

The Magic Network

Postby V Marra » September 9th, 2009, 12:57 pm

A new site for magicians and mentalists launched recently, called The Magic Network.
It is a great place to meet magicians, promote your magic, and share your magic with the community.
You can set up a profile page with your videos, photos, links, blog, and instant downloads.
You can post products or job offers in the classified ads, and join public and private groups and create your own groups. You can also add your events to the site event calendar.
The site has a live chat room as well.
If you're interested meeting other magicians and sharing/promoting your magic and website, check it out! Its free to join. The Magic Network
Cheers,
V

KaosPro

Re: The Magic Network

Postby KaosPro » September 14th, 2009, 3:48 am

I am in love with this site. It is very rich in features, has a great community, and is currently hosting competitions to win prizes (one of which values at $100 USD)! You should definitely sign up for this site as soon as possible, and get chatting.

The forums are divided up in to easy sections for all inquiries and topics. You are pretty much guaranteed to get a response because of the committed members. This site is wonderful if you have a question about magic/mentalism, or just want to talk Magic with other people just like you.

Click Here to get involved.

Mikethemagician

Postby Mikethemagician » September 14th, 2009, 4:57 am

I am also a member of The Magic Network and I am just going to second everything that has already been said about this wonderful site It has so many features as V Marra has already stated so I hope to see everyone join up soon!!! :)

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » September 14th, 2009, 7:27 am

Did you all get your 20 points? ;)

The Magic Network Points System

The Magic Network has a points system to reward you for your participation in the community and for referring your friends to the site.
How can you earn points?
Start a thread about the Magic Network in another Magic forum - 20 points. If a thread about the Magic Network already exists in the forum of your choice, you will also get the same number of points for responding to that thread. Maximum of two forum posts per member. To get the points, send a PM to V Marra with a link to the forum post and your username on the forum.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

V Marra

Postby V Marra » September 14th, 2009, 9:33 am

There's nothing wrong with having contests and rewarding members for taking part in the site and helping to promote it. These guys are great members and genuinely love the site and take part in it every day.
I hope more people come on over and take a look, regardless of whether or not they want to win anything, being a member is a great way to meet other magicians and share your magic.
And, they will get their points ;-)

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » September 14th, 2009, 10:07 am

Nothing against your site, it looks interesting. Just wanted to point it out for sake of full disclosure in case there ends up being a flood of first time posters here. I do appreciate that you limit them to 2 posts per member.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Tom Bennett

Postby Tom Bennett » September 14th, 2009, 10:34 am

Hi Joe,

I understand what you mean. But I don't think this here will be flooded by members now.

I'm too be a member of that site, and as far there are all really nice guys.

At the moment there are a lot of young folks and it would be great to get some more expiriences magicians there, that's a reason why V Marra started this thread HERE.

What has to be understood is, that The Magic Network is not just a forum, if so it would not be interesting for other forum users, but it's almost Facebook for magicians. So I hope some of you give it a try.

And I don't want any points for that ;-)
Best
Tom
Check out my magic blog www.escamoteur.de

V Marra

Postby V Marra » September 14th, 2009, 11:23 am

Hey Joe, thanks for clarifying, I see what you mean and you make a valid point, I agree with full disclosure here. I would have mentioned it when I started the thread, but the contest started after I started this thread here.
Hey Tom, appreciate your comments and having you as a member.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 14th, 2009, 11:24 am

First-time posters who come here and tout other sites, or try to sell stuff, are welcome.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

the Larry

Postby the Larry » September 14th, 2009, 11:58 am

Interesting website. Good luck with it. Not my cup of tea but I can see that a younger generation might like it.

The only question I always have when I see the next blog/forum/group/social-network-site: What are you doing different that would make somebody want to join yet another such website? Don't get me wrong, it all looks nice and I am sure you put a ton of hours into it, but to get any amount of momentum with so many other possibilities to share my magic with you have to offer a pretty compelling value proposition. I don't see that.

V Marra

Postby V Marra » September 14th, 2009, 12:51 pm

@Richard, thanks for your openness - I have a similar attitude at The Magic Network... even if a member just joins to upload their videos, or photos, or put a link to their site, that is fine. Of course, the more participation the better, but we all know everyone is busy.
@Larry, it is hard to see the value proposition unless you actually join and participate. Social networks are changing the way we communicate (to paraphrase a recent statement by Obama), and sure, I agree, there are tonnes of them out there, but some of them are really good. I didn't see the value of Facebook and Twitter when I first heard of them, but now I do, and so have many others.
Some things that you can do on the Magic Network that you can't do on many other social networks include: creating private discussion groups, posting classified ads on a dedicated classifieds page, participating in live group chat rooms, selling instant downloads, and winning prizes in contests. You can do this on some social networks, but not many. Of course, then there are the standard features, like adding videos and photos to the galleries, joining public groups, adding your events to the calendar, private messaging, etc.
It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if it is, you can really use it to your advantage to get more people interested in your magic. There are already a few examples of how this has happened at the Magic Network.

Mikethemagician

Postby Mikethemagician » September 14th, 2009, 6:02 pm

Hi Everyone I was one of the first time posters here but I have a subscription with Genii and never realised they had a forum on the site so now I hope to join in more with this forum aswell. ;)

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » September 14th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Mikethemagician wrote:Hi Everyone I was one of the first time posters here but I have a subscription with Genii and never realised they had a forum on the site so now I hope to join in more with this forum aswell. ;)

This is, without a doubt, the best magic forum out there. Welcome.

Tom Bennett

Postby Tom Bennett » September 15th, 2009, 3:05 am

mrgoat wrote:
Mikethemagician wrote:Hi Everyone I was one of the first time posters here but I have a subscription with Genii and never realised they had a forum on the site so now I hope to join in more with this forum aswell. ;)

This is, without a doubt, the best magic forum out there. Welcome.

I definitely agreee as here really professionals meet. So for me, this one and TheMagicNetwork nd for sure my own blog ;-)
Best
Tom
Check out my magic blog www.escamoteur.de

V Marra

Postby V Marra » September 15th, 2009, 9:32 am

Good to see that the contest at The Magic Network has helped some people to discover the Genii forum as well!

V Marra

Postby V Marra » September 16th, 2009, 3:09 pm

If anyone else has questions or comments about the site, let me know. A lot of new members have joined in the past couple of days.

V Marra

Postby V Marra » January 17th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Just wanted to update that since this thread started, we've added some new features to The Magic Network, including a product reviews section which has about 1000 reviews so far.

We also added a magician's link directory, which everyone is free to add their links to.

Its definitely worth stopping by and at least setting up your basic profile with links to your sites.

Cheers,
V.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » January 17th, 2011, 1:00 pm

Problem is - they won't let me in! Keeps telling me "wrong user name or password." I am, admittedly, a LOUSY computer person, but - how can I louse up my own name or my own password? I don't get it. Harry L. (Figured I'd go in and tell everyone that I'm taking orders for my current book right now, but they may not want that, anyway.)

V Marra

Postby V Marra » January 17th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Hi Harry... have you registered? I didn't see your registration come through... go here to register:

http://themagicnetwork.com/component/co ... /registers

You will then receive an account activation email, and once you activate your account you will be able to log in.

You are more than welcome to tell everyone on there about your book sir!

P.S. if you are on Facebook you can also use the "Facebook Sign in" button for an easy one step registration.

Cheers,
V.

V Marra

Postby V Marra » September 4th, 2012, 9:48 am

Hi Harry, I see you are now registered, thanks for joining (sorry for the delayed thanks!)
Just wanted to let everyone know as well that we are giving away Jamie D. Grant's "Industrial Revelation" this month, plus "The Vault."
Head on over here for details on how to enter to win:
http://themagicnetwork.com/magicians-bl ... -red-jaqks
Thanks and cheers,
V.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » September 4th, 2012, 12:27 pm

V Marra

Postby V Marra » September 4th, 2012, 12:39 pm

lol... thought I'd just use this thread rather than starting a new one!

Return to “Link Watch”