Uri Geller in "The Spook"

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Uri Geller in "The Spook"

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 2nd, 2003, 10:44 am

There is a dandy little interview of Uri Geller in the December '02 issue of the free online magazine The Spook:

http://www.thespook.com/

The interview focuses on Geller's other interests including art and literature. There is no limit to the man's ego, all but taking complete credit for the success of the musical group NSYNC. Also of interest is the "Afterword" with comments by James Randi, Edd Doerr (American Humanist Association), Ron Barrier (American Atheists) and Peter H. Gilmour (Church of Satan).

Enjoy!

Dustin

Re: Uri Geller in "The Spook"

Postby Guest » January 2nd, 2003, 11:06 am

Originally posted by Dustin Stinett:
[QB]
The interview focuses on Geller's other interests including art and literature. There is no limit to the man's ego, all but taking complete credit for the success of the musical group NSYNC.
If it's Geller lameness you want come for a trip to the UK. He is a living definition of C List celeb. After being in a show called "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here" (think Big Brother in a jungle with C List has beens), I recently saw him agree to a challange to learn to 'play' the spoons on a lunchtime TV show. (In case this awesome talent is not known in the US, its basically holding spoons back to back like chopsticks and banging them about yoour body to achieve percussion - really).

He 'writes' columns for many magazines too, including an odd on in a 'hi-tech' gadget mag where he talked once about his powers coming from aliens again! It was a rare a joyous treat.

Postby Guest » January 2nd, 2003, 1:38 pm

Mr Geller appeared on a UK breakfast TV show called "The Big Breakfast" some time back performing his drawing prediction. All was going to plan until he replied to a comment (unheard) off-camera with "This is not a trick. I'm really doing this". At this point I lost all respect for him and voted with my remote control.

Postby Guest » January 2nd, 2003, 3:12 pm

This is a potential topic for another thread--namely, the challenges facing celebrities who eventually are famous for being famous, yet must try to reinvent themselves or find other ways to market their fame. After awhile, one runs out of ideas and possibilities, which then leads to some lamentable and trivial appearances and projects.

Dying young or at the peak of one's fame is perhaps the most extreme trump card.

Return to “Link Watch”