I am nearly at the end of the road.........

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
performer

I am nearly at the end of the road.........

Postby performer » December 8th, 2019, 8:36 pm

The royal one that is. It won't be long now. The annotations have been written. The proofreading has been done. The foreword by Harry Lorayne has been completed and incorporated into the book. Most of the colour photographs have been put into the book. All that remains to be done is for around 30 or so more pictures to be taken and placed in the book. That should only take a few days.

When the book is ready for publication I shall announce the matter in my usual low profile manner. The book had it's conception on this forum so it might as well have its birth announcement here too. I think it is going to be one hell of a book.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Re: I am nearly at the end of the road.........

Postby MagicbyAlfred » December 9th, 2019, 5:59 am

It will, undoubtedly, be "one hell of a book." And, it's exciting that Harry has done the forward! Two fabulous magical writers, who are one of a kind. The RRTCM will always hold a special place in my heart, as will my friend and teacher, Bill Malone, the greatest card magician I have ever seen or known in my seven decades on this crazy planet, who recommended the book to me many, many years ago.

performer

Postby performer » December 9th, 2019, 8:00 am

Oh, as a writer Harry is far more fabulous than me!

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » December 9th, 2019, 9:44 am

performer wrote:Oh, as a writer Harry is far more fabulous than me!

But neither of you can hold a candle to me...

...when it comes to writing trashy, slanderous articles for the National Enquirer and Globe.

performer

Postby performer » December 9th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Interestingly enough Harry tells me that he can't recall writing a foreword for anyone else in the past. Since he has a super power memory he must be correct! If this truly is the case I feel very honoured indeed.

Anyway I suppose I had better go and finish the damn thing before my usual procrastination sets in...............

Return to “Alternative Media”