Mindreading kit on Kickstarter

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
DanZ

Mindreading kit on Kickstarter

Postby DanZ » November 16th, 2019, 8:24 am

https://bit.ly/2CR7H5n

From Brad Christian at Ellusionist. The copy on Kickstarter starts:

WHAT DO I GET IN THE KIT?

How To Read Minds is a “first of its kind” KIT that allows ANYONE to truly READ MINDS (for entertainment purposes only).

NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
NO SKILLS REQUIRED

The SECRETS inside this kit will give YOU the ability to:

Know the unlock code to anyone's phone
Reveal any word they think of
See inside their mind & pull out a thought
Predict someone’s choices before they make them
Know their 4-digit credit card PIN
Draw the exact object they secretly drew
Guess a serial number on a borrowed bill
Predict the total of randomly-generated numbers... works every time!
& MUCH MUCH MORE .... (Over 20 techniques taught)

Bob Farmer

Re: Mindreading kit on Kickstarter

Postby Bob Farmer » November 16th, 2019, 10:05 am

When I was very young and saw the ad for "Nickels to Dimes" on the back of a comic book, I assumed it was real, not a trick. Recently, I've been told it is a trick and there's no real profit to be made. I assume there are people who will read the Kickstarter ad and assume it is for real mind reading. Please send me their addresses; I have some "Nickels To Dimes" props I need to get rid off.

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » November 16th, 2019, 10:36 am

LOL

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » November 16th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Bob Farmer wrote:When I was very young and saw the ad for "Nickels to Dimes" on the back of a comic book, I assumed it was real, not a trick. Recently, I've been told it is a trick and there's no real profit to be made. I assume there are people who will read the Kickstarter ad and assume it is for real mind reading. Please send me their addresses; I have some "Nickels To Dimes" props I need to get rid off.

Are the sets complete as issued and who made them, what condition are they in, and how much do you want for the lot?

Robert77

Postby Robert77 » November 16th, 2019, 3:05 pm

Bob Farmer wrote:When I was very young and saw the ad for "Nickels to Dimes" on the back of a comic book, I assumed it was real, not a trick. Recently, I've been told it is a trick and there's no real profit to be made. I assume there are people who will read the Kickstarter ad and assume it is for real mind reading. Please send me their addresses; I have some "Nickels To Dimes" props I need to get rid off.

I remember my first box of magic trick. Some mass market thing in the 1960's. I was SOOOO excited to be about to be able to do magic. First, the two linking plastic rings.....that required I swap in a pre-cut ring. 'How is this magic?' Then there was the black plastic, egg shaped, "Vanisher". I put stuff in it and watched carefully, but nothing ever vanished :(.
Last edited by Robert77 on November 16th, 2019, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert77

Postby Robert77 » November 16th, 2019, 3:07 pm

BTW, The Jerx made a blog post on the 15th about this kickstarter. I found it amusing.

Return to “Alternative Media”