"A ghost story" movie with Zabrecky and Kopf

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Andres Reynoso

"A ghost story" movie with Zabrecky and Kopf

Postby Andres Reynoso » February 6th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Last week checking the cinema schedule, I discovered "A ghost story" that lists in its cast Rob Zabrecky and Jared Kopf. It was enough for me and attended to the movie.

Directed and written by David Lowery, IMDB says the film premiered on January 22nd, 2017 at Sundance festival and in a limited movie theater release in USA on July 7th. Here in Mexico in comercial cinemas on 28th December. I remember the poster at the cinema but didn't pull me until now that I read the magicians names in the synopsis at "Cinetaca Nacional" advertisement (a goverment institution dedicated to preserve and archive movies and to screen not so comercial films and art films)

IMDB rates 6.9/10 and Rotten Tomatoes 91%, 7.9/10 at the tomatometer and 65%, 3.5/5 audience score.

Jared Kopf plays a Magician performing a haunted pack into a haunted house during a party. Rob Zabrecky plays a Pioneer Man who wants to build a house.

The movie has few dialogues, sometimes has long scenes without much action (sometimes too long) and I didn't undestand the finish. I think I would watch it again only to try to understand, but not at cinema again (Rotten Tomatoes says is available now at Amazon Prime and iTunes, but country limitations could apply)

For me was interesting the idea about the desire to "stay" in a place, sometimes fogeting why.
Andres Reynoso

observer
Favorite Magician: Harry Kellar - Charlie Miller - Paul Rosini - Jay Marshall

Re: "A ghost story" movie with Zabrecky and Kopf

Postby observer » February 6th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Cool, thanks. "A Ghost Story" is available for free viewing to those who have Amazon Prime. The amazon viewer ratings are sort of interesting:

***** 35%
**** 9%
*** 6%
** 7%
* 43%

Return to “Alternative Media”