Tony Giorgio on MST3K

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Jeff Haas

Tony Giorgio on MST3K

Postby Jeff Haas » April 27th, 2017, 10:35 pm

I was watching the new Mystery Science Theater 3000, and the second episode features a real dud of a movie, "Cry Wilderness." IMDB describes it this way: "Bigfoot's ghost brings a boy (Eric Foster) to where his father (Maurice Grandmaison) and a hunter are mistaking Bigfoot for a Bengal tiger."

The Bengal tiger is supposedly loose in...the snowy Pacific Northwest! Bad acting and writing are heavily featured, making it a great time for Jonah (the new host) and the 'bots. Along the way there's an angry town sheriff, involved in chasing the beast in the woods. Played by Tony Giorgio.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Re: Tony Giorgio on MST3K

Postby Leonard Hevia » April 30th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Interesting that you mentioned Giorgio. Lately I've been reading the "Giorgio Letters" in early 1990s issues of Genii. Lots of fascinating material on gambling and Erdnase from his column.

observer
Favorite Magician: Harry Kellar - Charlie Miller - Paul Rosini - Jay Marshall

Postby observer » May 2nd, 2017, 9:45 am

Jeff Haas wrote:I was watching the new Mystery Science Theater 3000, and the second episode features a real dud of a movie, "Cry Wilderness." IMDB describes it this way: "Bigfoot's ghost brings a boy (Eric Foster) to where his father (Maurice Grandmaison) and a hunter are mistaking Bigfoot for a Bengal tiger."

The Bengal tiger is supposedly loose in...the snowy Pacific Northwest! Bad acting and writing are heavily featured, making it a great time for Jonah (the new host) and the 'bots. Along the way there's an angry town sheriff, involved in chasing the beast in the woods. Played by Tony Giorgio.

Thanks, interesting to put a face & voice to the name.

Long time MST3K fan. Still not sure about the new guy.

Doomo

Postby Doomo » May 6th, 2017, 9:23 am

Just watched it! Big fun! I laughed so much it hurt. Well that is mainly because I was just in a car totaling accident. But still fun.
RFA Productions yeah... It is cool stuff.

www.rfaproductions.com

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » May 6th, 2017, 11:19 am

Doomo wrote:Just watched it! Big fun! I laughed so much it hurt. Well that is mainly because I was just in a car totaling accident. But still fun.

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon, Doomo.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » May 6th, 2017, 5:15 pm

observer wrote:Thanks, interesting to put a face & voice to the name.

His most accessible role is in The Godfather, where he played Bruno Tattaglia. Bruno is the guy who garotted Luca Brasi, and sent him to "sleep with the fishes".

He's also got a part in the second Dirty Harry movie, Magnum Force.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » May 6th, 2017, 5:27 pm

Bill Mullins wrote:His most accessible role is in The Godfather, where he played Bruno Tattaglia. Bruno is the guy who garotted Luca Brasi, and sent him to "sleep with the fishes".

He's also got a part in the second Dirty Harry movie, Magnum Force.

Luca Brasi was strangled from behind at that bar in The Godfather. Giorgio's character held down Brasi's wrist while the Turk--who was good with the knife--stabbed Brasi's hand to the bar table to hold him there.

In the second Dirty Harry film Magnum Force, Giorgio played the mob boss Frank Palancio and meets a grizzly end.

Giorgio was also in an episode of I Dream of Jeannie where he played a mobster--what else?

observer

Postby observer » May 6th, 2017, 7:54 pm

I guess there was a photo accompanying his column, but I always had a mental picture of him with silver hair & a pencil moustache. About the same as Vernon, I suppose, but different. I had no idea he was the Godfather guy, or the Magnum Force guy.

observer

Postby observer » May 6th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Oh, and just as a reminder, magician and comedian Joel Hodgson, the creator of Mystery Science Theater 3000, was featured on the cover of Genii November 1996.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » May 7th, 2017, 12:17 am

Leonard Hevia wrote:
Bill Mullins wrote:His most accessible role is in The Godfather, where he played Bruno Tattaglia. Bruno is the guy who garotted Luca Brasi, and sent him to "sleep with the fishes".

Luca Brasi was strangled from behind at that bar in The Godfather. Giorgio's character held down Brasi's wrist while the Turk--who was good with the knife--stabbed Brasi's hand to the bar table to hold him there.

Leonard is correct -- I misremembered the scene.

Return to “Alternative Media”