The Best of Magic by John Fisher

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Paul Gordon

Re: The Best of Magic by John Fisher

Postby Paul Gordon » December 20th, 2010, 3:07 am

I've got them all on DVD (originally recorded from TV to my old Beta machine). If I can locate them, I'll see if I can pass on the info... PG
Secure Online Magic Shop: https://www.paulgordon.net/shop

thecardman

Postby thecardman » January 26th, 2011, 6:28 pm

I forgot I had this to hand. Hopefully it will save Paul a job.

The Best of Magic was shown as 2 series of 6 one-hour show. Here's the list of performers that were on it:-

Series 1
Hosts Geoffrey Durham, Anthea Turner and Simon Mayo

Show 1
Princess Tenko, The Pendragons, Imam, Max Maven, Arthuro Brachetti, Robert Harbin (archive footage)

Show 2
Franz Harary, Glenn Falkenstein and Frances Willard, Eugene Burger, Finn John, Max Maven, Arthuro Brachetti, David Devant (archive footage)

Show 3
The Pendragons, Dr Sawa, Tina Lennert, John Gaughan, Arthuro Brachetti, Max Maven

Show 4 (Guest host Annabelle Croft)
Hans Moretti, Juan Tamariz, Channing Pollock (archive footage), James Dimmare and Lisa, Max Maven, Arthuro Brachetti

Show 5
John Calvert, Jeff McBride, Tommy Wonder, Joe Givan, John MacGregor MP, Max Maven, Arthuro Brachetti

Show 6
Harry Blackstone Jnr, Vladimir Danilin, Jerry Andrus, Marco Tempest, Max Maven, Arthuro Brachetti, David Nixon (archive footage)

Series 2
Hosts Geoffrey Durham, Arturo Brachetti, Anthea Turner

Show 1
Lance Burton, Uri Geller, Milo & Roger, Don Alan, Howard De Courcy (archive footage)

Show 2
The Pendragons, Juan Tamariz, Kohl and Co, Lisa Menna, Richiardi Jnr. (archive footage)

Show 3
David Berglas, Jeff McBride, Tom Mullica, Norm Neilsen

Show 4
PC Sorcar Jnr, Billy McComb, Vik and Fabrini, David Williamson, Evgueni Chmarlovski

Show 5
Mark Wilson and Nani Darnell, Max Maven, Richard McDougall, Omar Pasha, Kenichi Kuroki, Joe Castor (archive footage)

Show 6
The Pendragons, John Gaughan, Peter Pit, Terry Herbert, Greg Irwin, Horace Goldin (archive footage)

Hope that's of use to you.

Best wishes

Peter
:)

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » January 27th, 2011, 5:13 am

Thanks for posting that Peter, and with the list of acts, it demonstrates the show lived up to its title.

Max Maven

Postby Max Maven » January 27th, 2011, 4:44 pm

I suppose it sounds petty, but I can't help but mention that although I'm not listed as having been on Season One, Episode 3, I was.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 27th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Not at all, and I corrected the entry.

Because I can (to borrow a phrase).

Dustin

thecardman

Postby thecardman » January 28th, 2011, 3:51 am

Max Maven wrote:I suppose it sounds petty, but I can't help but mention that although I'm not listed as having been on Season One, Episode 3, I was.

D'OH! Sorry Max. :blush:

I know that you were in all 6 shows of season 1! I (somehow) managed to miss entering your name in the right bit.

Oh, and thanks Dustin for sorting the post out.

Best wishes

Peter
:)

Return to “Alternative Media”