Audio Interview with Banachek on "Skepticality; Official Podcast of 'SKEPTIC magazine' "

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
castawaydave

Audio Interview with Banachek on "Skepticality; Official Podcast of 'SKEPTIC magazine' "

Postby castawaydave » July 17th, 2008, 6:03 pm

Below is the link to a podcast from Michael Shermer's "SKEPTIC Magazine", described as follows:

"Lori Lipman Brown and Banachek

Continuing from last weeks interviews recorded at the Amazing Meeting 6 conference, Derek & Swoopy talk with secular lobbyist Lori Lipman Brown and her father Mel Lipman (both secular humanists with backgrounds in law and government).

They also speak with mentalist Banachek, who has been responsible for putting more magic and mentalism on American television than any other magic consultant in the world.

While the paths of these skeptics seem widely divergent, Derek & Swoopy learn that their common decision to further skepticism within their chosen professions illuminates many similar truths"

--The Banachek interview is first, and is quite good...

http://cdn2.libsyn.com/skepticality/081 ... 1fe45c13f7

Skepticality

Re: Audio Interview with Banachek on "Skepticality; Official Podcast of 'SKEPTIC magazine' "

Postby Skepticality » July 19th, 2008, 9:58 am

Thanks for mentioning our latest interview with Banachek. He was a great guy to sit down with this year, we tried to get him on last year at the same conference, but I was still in recovery from my stroke, and our ability to be flexible with our time was limited.

If you enjoy that episode, you might also like our interview with the folks who run the Houdini Museum we did last year around Halloween as well. :)
Derek Colanduno
Host/Producer - Skepticality
The Official Podcast of Skeptic Magazine

castawaydave

Re: Audio Interview with Banachek on "Skepticality; Official Podcast of 'SKEPTIC magazine' "

Postby castawaydave » July 21st, 2008, 9:12 pm

My pleasure, but all I did was pass along a link.

--Thank YOU Derek, for the cool shows you put together.

[Aside: For one week years ago, I had MUCH F-U-N in Roswell Georgia(!) --adventures I'd love to recount, as I remember the place fondly...but this is a "family" forum... ;^D]

Please keep up the good work.

All Best, Dave Cox

Skepticality

Postby Skepticality » July 21st, 2008, 9:33 pm

LOL,

Well, it is a pretty small little town here. Not much to do really, other than shop in the town square, or visit some of the historic museums we have about the Textile business back in the old days.

But, I am now assuming you weren't talking about the 'normal' extra-curricular activities they put in the brochures! ;)
Derek Colanduno

castawaydave

Postby castawaydave » July 21st, 2008, 11:48 pm

I exaggerate for effect (a little)...

--But it IS True: For 20 years, have enjoyed relating tales of the many laughs, the adventures survived, and the generous hospitality received during a memorable week in Roswell GA.

Skepticality

Postby Skepticality » July 22nd, 2008, 12:07 am

Too cool,

Well, the people who live here ARE quite nice overall. It is a small town, just outside of a HUGE city, just far away enough from Atlanta that it is hard to call us a 'suburb' even though they do. I just don't really know if 30 miles away from the city is 'still' a suburb. :)
Derek Colanduno

castawaydave

Postby castawaydave » July 22nd, 2008, 12:31 am

I WAS lucky.
------------

NOTE: Listen to the Banachek interview!

http://cdn2.libsyn.com/skepticality/081 ... 1af01f5c29

Skepticality

Postby Skepticality » July 22nd, 2008, 5:32 pm

Well, of course I have listened to the interview! I was right there, in fact, you might be able to barely hear me in the background, but I think in the post clean up... that gets removed. :)
Derek Colanduno

castawaydave

Postby castawaydave » July 22nd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Heh heh...

I figured you heard it, you're the boss!

--Was trying to remind potential listeners out there in cyberspace not to be distracted by my digressions and click the link.

Good interview... :^)

Return to “Alternative Media”