Psychics Revealed Show on The CW

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Gord

Psychics Revealed Show on The CW

Postby Gord » March 6th, 2008, 10:00 pm

I haven't seen anyone post about this show from last Wed.
Basically it was one of those magicians revealed shows, but aimed at phony psychics.
Or so they said, they seemed to give away a lot of magic effects in the process.

So did anyone see it?
Thoughts?

Gord

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Re: Psychics Revealed Show on The CW

Postby Joe Pecore » March 7th, 2008, 3:12 am

Was it a rerun of this ?
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Gord

Postby Gord » March 7th, 2008, 7:12 am

Could be. Not 100% sure.

Gord

Bob Postelnik

Postby Bob Postelnik » March 7th, 2008, 11:46 am

I did see it and I was a bit concerned about how much was being revealed; spoon bending, invisible thread, glass shattering, concealed knife under cup, use of stooges, etc. There was also a ridiculous demonstration of a mirror concealed in the psychic's shoe that was produced to peek a card held in his hands that were bound behind his back while blindfolded.

There was also a general disrespect for the performers by referring to Mark Edwards as the "phony psychic." I remember taking a class at the Magic Castle that Mark conducted on mentalism a few years back and thought the class was excellent and Mark a very sincere and consciencious performer, and he was a member of PEA.

Like most shows that reveal magic secrets, hopefully not too many people see them, and those that do will not remember or make an association or connection when they see a performance of the same effects in the future.
Life is a journey, so do not arrive at your grave safe and in a well preserved body. Enjoy the Ride!

Bill Palmer

Postby Bill Palmer » March 16th, 2008, 2:47 am

That is an old one, indeed. The trouble with these old shows is that they never really go away. They will replay those and replay them until there are no longer people around to watch them. Then the droids and bots will look at one another and say, "You mean humans were so stupid they actually fell for that crap!"
Bill Palmer, MIMC

Scott Fridinger

Postby Scott Fridinger » March 16th, 2008, 3:50 am

As the original poster of the other thread, I believe it is indead the same show.

Return to “Alternative Media”